How do I get a job as a Muppeteer?

MuppetLabsBoy

Reaction score
Is it easier to get a job in the creature shop than to operate the puppets?:confused:

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Is it easier to get a job in the creature shop than to operate the puppets?:confused:
no not really, Puppeteering is a talent for sure, But Building and designing puppets involves many many different skills, Sculpting, working with fabric, Making patterns, dying foam, fleece, and attention to detail, the list goes on and on., Look at all the talented builders on this forum, both amatuers and pros, and not all will be invited to work with the muppets or the creature shop,

thier are not simple and easy answers i am afraid.

Fluffets

Reaction score
no not really, Puppeteering is a talent for sure, But Building and designing puppets involves many many different skills, Sculpting, working with fabric, Making patterns, dying foam, fleece, and attention to detail, the list goes on and on., Look at all the talented builders on this forum, both amatuers and pros, and not all will be invited to work with the muppets or the creature shop,

thier are not simple and easy answers i am afraid.
Well said, I totally aggreed with that. :big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:

ACEWOLF20

Reaction score
I have a question and that is who do you contact now about being a muppeteer? Is it The Jim Henson Company or Disney?

I do have an interest in possibly being a muppeteer, but I also know the odds of making it.

A little off topic here on this one, but I have also thought about starting my own company. I have always been a little histate about doing this as I don't want to be labled as a Jim Henson knock off.

Alvin

Reaction score
I think I can answer this one...I had somebody email me and tell me they are "NOT AUDITIONING or HIRING RIGHT NOW", but feel free to send a video of your talent to:

Human Resources
The Jim Henson Company
1416 North La Brea Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90028

That's all I know...

riddles1226

Reaction score
Since the possibility of being hired was very unlikely, I decided to do "what no one could do until someone does." Persistence and determination brought an amazing result. After a year of writing letters to possible funders, meeting and greeting with folks of financial ability, and developing a very strong television show concept, it finally happened. I was in a room alone with a person I had sent a proposal to months earlier. A sense of boldness pushed me to the conversation which inspired this person with a heart for children to fund the entire amount needed to begin our television production of "The BURNNIE Show."

If interest prevails, I'll post more information on the amount received and what we did with it. I'd be happy to share any information on how we do the show with a budget of ZERO, and how we have obtained and are not airing on national networks and in the UK, Australia, Jamaica, and the Netherlands.

I don't want this to be an "ad" for our show. So, I'll leave it here. But if you want further info I'd be glad to share.

Additionally, you could go to facebook and search Burnnie T. Bunnie. Request to be added as a friend and I'll confirm. I have made many great connections this way. Or, my email is: burnnie@burnnie.org

Web at: (www.burnnie.org)

Type in "BURNNIE" on You Tube to see a variety of clips, or watch several full episodes here: http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=c9293a7c1046013f909b

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Are there any College Requirements for Puppeteering Jobs?

riddles1226

Reaction score
Experience and higher ed training on a resume is always a plus. My degree shows a minor in theater, although not specifically in puppetry. However, since I hired myself, I didn't mind. :smile:

aussiepuppeteer

Reaction score
i'm from australia. would that limit or influence my eligibility to (hopefully) become a Muppeteer in the (again, hopefully) near future?