Your Top Twelve for 2005

Luke

Reaction score
It's a combination of a few things - obscure, female characters not selling, and also that the previous pigs (including Miss Piggy) did not sell well. I don't think Ken likes her much either.

Gonzo's Goof

Reaction score
I agree for the female figures, to me always seemed there was allot of females on the show. At least you had even by name like Big Mama. I still would love to see Annie Sue I think that is my number one. I like the idea of some of the other figures being different, but well as you can tell I am a huge gonzo fan, and I rather have some of the more obscure characters then another gonzo even, I mean as of now we will have 7 Gonzos, and the one mega, for me I got the prototype of the mega too. So that is 9 of them. So like the uncle deadly I am so so so so looking forward too, being that is just one figure to me makes it allot more special.

For the comment with the dance skit, I have all my tux figures dancing, so you have Gonzo with Camellia, Kermit with Piggy, and oddly Bunsen with Beaker, with Rowlf playing his piano for them all.

Gonzo's Goof :concern:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Pigs don't seem to sell. Piggy didn't sell and neither did the PIS pigs. Of course we haven't had any really interesting pigs. The PIS pigs were dressed in pastels. Doesn't exactly say buy me. I think a Capt. Link would sell though. A pig cop is just funny. Annie Sue would never sell though. Too plain and a pig.

Gonzo's Goof

Reaction score
I think what a lot of you forget is, the number of figures in each set, and when the sets were. The first Miss Piggy was a first series, with the first series exclusive at EB she might have been the worse selling of that set, but a lot complained on different issues with her. I still meet fans of the Muppets today that haven't completely heard of the toys either, so the first series I would always think would be a little slower then later. The Pigs in Space you had Link and Strange Pork, out almost 6 mo before the Pigs In Space set ever finally came out. Trust me that had a lot to do with the selling down.

But the last lines they are now selling through Palisades Direct and other sellers that means the people that will buy them are not your everyday Joe walking into EB and seeing the figures, it will only be the collectors buying them. I saw the thread on Palisades about the Modern Gonzo, and of the Chef for series 9. Sorry but the more you come out with variations is always a death of a series. Take He-Man that started shows to figures, you got too many weird He-Man figures or variations it just got to be too much. So where the Pigs might not have sold well in the General Public, I would bet they still sold better from the stores then say Popcorn Vendor Scooter, Any of the 3 Johnny's or Robin, because I still know stores in my area that I can buy those or could a few weeks ago, and they were half price then. So by the response to this question how many said Annie Sue, I think she would stand a good sell just as much as almost any Muppets Tonight figure, or any of the other obscure figures like Droop.

Reaction score
I wish Annie Sue would get made, she is #1 on my wishlist. Also, it only seems right to immortalize at least one of Louise Gold's characters in plastic.

Luke

Reaction score
Gonzo's Goof said:
I saw the thread on Palisades about the Modern Gonzo, and of the Chef for series 9. Sorry but the more you come out with variations is always a death of a series.
That Gonzo is the ONLY modern version in the line EVER. The Muppets went through different looks in different periods, it's not always just about doing a variant - sometimes it is that people would prefer a popuilar look of one of the main characters rather than obscure. When they were in the big retail stores of course they had to do a few variants of the main characters regardless because if they had only been in the first few series then you'd have waves full of Annie Sue and Lewis Kazzager and i couldn't seriously see the general public recognising them. The Chef in S10 (or what was S10) is the first ever carded Chef and is the classic TMS look. The other retail Chef was in a playset (so people had to pay $30 to get it and most probably didn't). The only other Chef other than that was the Culinary Catastrophe Chef which was a limited convention exclusive. Casual buyers of the line haven't really been exposed to the Swedish Chef at all!

Gonzo's Goof

Reaction score
I understand the reason for the Chef, and that one is still a general public one. My point is, the next 12 after that, don't know if you call them S10, S11, S12 will be the more collectors so that gives Annie Sue or other rare ones a chance. When I said we have 7 Gonzos was even a miss count there will be a total of 8 varients of Gonzo, including exclusives. Tux Gonzo, Dream Date Gonzo, Purple Tux Gonzo, Gold Tux Gonzo, Modern Gonzo, Treasure Island Gonzo, Stunt Gonzo, old look stunt Gonzo. that is not counting the mega and the mini. I understand the look of the Muppets change, Gonzo I think changed more then a lot in look. Where Zoot was several different colors completely, even in some shows both Zoots were used, in the end song of the show, one pretaped, one for the special note at the end.

But in both of those threads most complained they already have so many of other figures, including there is a thread on both sites, talking about running out of room to display, and complaining that some of the setups people have, end up with more then one of a figure in the group, like two Kermits standing next to each other.

I love the change in characters like can't wait for the Vet Hospital Figures. Just saying I would love to see more of the off beat characters to Muppet fans are just as classic as Statler and Waldorf or Beauregard, or as I said any of the Muppets Tonight figures.

abkeating2000

Reaction score
My wants would be Piggy as Wonderpig and maybe some of the alternative reality Muppets from Merry Xmas TV movie:
:wink: Club Scooter with cage to dance in
:confused: :eek: Bunsen and Beaker as bouncers
and how could I forget - the complete Electric Mayhem Riverdance set ;-)

And if there's ever another playset how about front stage with balcony for Statler and Waldorf. Ahh dreams, dreams, dreams...

Andrew

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
I see hope here...

OK, since the point was just brought up several posts above this one, I have to agree that this line going to be sold strictly online, and NOT in retail, the toys now have the chance to give COLLECTORS what they want and hang the general public. This line was never gonna be huge on general releases anyway-there's no marketing to start with, and no current muppet projects. It's not the fault of the creators, it's just the nature of the industry and the sheep-headed masses.

Anyway, that was one heck of a rant... My wish list for '05 is as follows... ANd the numbers have nothing to do with who said what about how many figures may or may not be out this year. Someone posting online about how many figures are slotted is by NO means a contractual agreement, no matter HOW well intentioned that post was. I hope the line makes it beyond 12 more figures though... I love em all!

OK, the only VARIANTS I agree with are the Vet Hospital variants, as they are far too involved for me to mod myself. And I loved that skit. That said, I don't want any more variants-babies included.

Boppity. With a Droop packin.
Bean. WIth veggies we don't have yet.
Bobo. With... SOmething related to Bobo. No idea here as I really don't know the character, but a rat in a wife-beater tank top would be awesome indeed...
a two pack of frackles. That green one and that blue one (Boppity was the purple one, right???)
Bags of army builders... Naked rats with several accessories to make them individuals, Penguins, chickens, and one pack with a duck, a beaver, an owl, and... well, another muppety thingamabob. packaging these as a four pack would be incredibly huge now that it's just collectors buying online!!! IT's what everyone here has asked for since day ONE almost! Retail didn't justify it, but now we have the perfect opportunity to REALLY answer the buyer's prayers...

That;s it for me right now. Ya'all have a good night.

Josh.