Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list

Beauregard

Reaction score
Indeed yes, a perfect way to put it. "Hi-ya" rather than "Kissy! Kissy!" except in teh case of "Kiss me NOW Kermie"

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Shocked!

Well gang I will say I am disappointed, but I do not think it is as bad as I was expecting it to be. Miss Piggy is almost a complete joke, she is a joke of herself, and who ever is building the puppets these days needs to go back an actually look at the characters. Bunsen looks strange beyond belief, not just his glasses, crazy Harry does not look right either, and Piggy has got a huge nose. They seem to deviate from the book a great deal, I was afraid of that. Once again Hollywood wins out over a story that is already brilliantly written, and full of kind philosophy, and good wholesome morals.

At the end of Muppets Christmas carol as the camera pans up we see Lobsters in the windows of the buildings singing along to the end title. That is so characteristic of the Muppets, and the Muppet Show, it still holds that silly magic of when Jim Henson was still alive. In fact that entire film is really so well done, and a (as Jim him self once said) call to the best part of ourselves.

This Muppets OZ seems to be lacking a lot, but I will wait to pass judgment.
:mad: :embarrassed:

beforemyway

Reaction score
those clips of the movie scare me... it looks kinda dumb :concern:

hopfully it'll be better though..

MAN piggy has a HUGE nose! that's just not right! :mad:

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
scared

beforemyway said:
those clips of the movie scare me... it looks kinda dumb :concern:

hopfully it'll be better though..

MAN piggy has a HUGE nose! that's just not right! :mad:

I feel your pain 100%, not to mention I thought they were filming on location, but all the stills seem to be in studio or computer generated.

Another thing that seems strange is the shot of the silver shoes on Dorothys feet, the bricks of the yellwo brick road are tiny making Dorothy seem like a Giant.

I think it does look kind of dumb, and i am willing to bet that yet again the Muppets have missed the mark. :frown:

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
I feel your pain 100%, not to mention I thought they were filming on location, but all the stills seem to be in studio or computer generated.

Another thing that seems strange is the shot of the silver shoes on Dorothys feet, the bricks of the yellwo brick road are tiny making Dorothy seem like a Giant.

I think it does look kind of dumb, and i am willing to bet that yet again the Muppets have missed the mark. :frown:
They didn't film on location but in a studio in Vancouver. I think it would be hard to not do the movie in a studio. :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
Well gang I will say I am disappointed, but I do not think it is as bad as I was expecting it to be. Miss Piggy is almost a complete joke, she is a joke of herself, and who ever is building the puppets these days needs to go back an actually look at the characters. Bunsen looks strange beyond belief, not just his glasses, crazy Harry does not look right either, and Piggy has got a huge nose. They seem to deviate from the book a great deal, I was afraid of that. Once again Hollywood wins out over a story that is already brilliantly written, and full of kind philosophy, and good wholesome morals.

At the end of Muppets Christmas carol as the camera pans up we see Lobsters in the windows of the buildings singing along to the end title. That is so characteristic of the Muppets, and the Muppet Show, it still holds that silly magic of when Jim Henson was still alive. In fact that entire film is really so well done, and a (as Jim him self once said) call to the best part of ourselves.

This Muppets OZ seems to be lacking a lot, but I will wait to pass judgment.
:mad: :embarrassed:
Oh, yeah, Crasy Harry loosk well strange.

And yes, this movie will be a sad nightmere from which hopefully we will one day awake...

Did I mention KSY? Well, this looks like it's shaping up to be worse.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Oh, yeah, Crasy Harry loosk well strange.

And yes, this movie will be a sad nightmere from which hopefully we will one day awake...

Did I mention KSY? Well, this looks like it's shaping up to be worse.
We can't judge it just yet...I think it has promise. :big_grin:

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Look... Lets be honest here, from where I am sitting I do not see any reason to turn the TV on and tune in to watch it.

I will just wait for the video and rent it, that way if it flops in the first 30 minutes I can stop the tape and still have my entire evening to watch entertaining TV.

I just do not understand why Frank OZ did not jump in and diredt it, or why Jerry J. Did not write the story. For the first time ever I can honestly say a Muppet special/ Film looks just plain dumb to me.

I know I said i would not pass judgement untill I saw it, but based on what I have seen I do not think there is any reason to watch the entire special.
:stick_out_tongue: :frown: :eek: