Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list

Beauregard

Reaction score
You better believe it, and all the time, now I have Broadband on my computer too. Which means, I'm here all day every day.(ish!)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Fishenwolf. Few things I noticed from reading that cast list.
1 They've misspelled Rowlf's and Camilla's names.
2 Why they remove Dorothy's last name of "Gale"?
3 Why are so many of the main characters listed as "uncredited"?
4 Who's this "Spotted Dick" character?
5 Is the character listed as "Very Old Tom" the same one as "Really Old Tom", only misnamed?
Heh, guess we'll just have to wait till May to find out.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ah, Count. You must remeber that is only IMDb, and they often misspell/misname/missalign many things. In fact if you wrote to them telling them Rowlf is spelt differently, they would probably change it. And then if you told them it was Rolph they'd probably change it yet again.

I think they are all '(uncredited)' because the film is not yet out, they can't check with the credits. But people like Dorothy have been officialy anounced.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
FISH'N'WOLFE said:
Take a look everyone, I don't know how many people have seen this, but it's a full list of everyone involved. Interesting to see Bill Barretta listed as a co-producer. Full Cast and Crew for The Muppets' Wizard of Oz
Bill was the co-producer of their last TV movie too...he's become pretty much the head puppeteer. I wonder if he's being considered to directa Muppet movie at some point? :rolleyes:

Beauregard

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
Well it just won't be the same without Frank Oz performing SAM. :smirk:
But I heard that Sam wasn't performed by Frank (puppet-wise) in MTI either. Or were you refering to the voice work? If so, I agree. It is a shame to be losing such a great guy, but, hey, maybe it's best to let someone take over before anything can happen to Frank, otherwise one day we'd all wake up and the Muppeteers would be gone and they'd be no replacements.

I think i's better this way.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
But I heard that Sam wasn't performed by Frank (puppet-wise) in MTI either. Or were you refering to the voice work? If so, I agree. It is a shame to be losing such a great guy, but, hey, maybe it's best to let someone take over before anything can happen to Frank, otherwise one day we'd all wake up and the Muppeteers would be gone and they'd be no replacements.

I think i's better this way.
Mostly I have voice concerns, in IAVMMC Sams voice stunk, so too did his look. Who ever is building the Muppets/ puppets these days needs to take a class. I know for a while Frank was doing voice overs, while others were performing, and I do not fault Frank for wanting to continue directiong. In fact that is what he always wanted to do, the Muppets was always kind of a fun side project for him. I think it is sad when I can do a better Sam voice than the guy performing him. It kind of shockes me back into reality and takes away from the muppets when the voices don't work right.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Too bad they couldn't put the newsman in it! It'd be funny to see the newsman in the show! :crazy: