New Muppet ideas

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
How about a huge female Sweetums lookalike named Darling. She could be Sweetums' girlfriend, sister or just friend and that way they could have their own bits (musical, comedy, whatnot). She could wear a real raggedy dress and have long, drooping eyelashes. It would be funny to see them towering over other Muppets in a new "At the Dance" sequence.

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
Docnzhoss said:
How about a huge female Sweetums lookalike named Darling. She could be Sweetums' girlfriend, sister or just friend and that way they could have their own bits (musical, comedy, whatnot). She could wear a real raggedy dress and have long, drooping eyelashes. It would be funny to see them towering over other Muppets in a new "At the Dance" sequence.
uh..yes
no sorry sorry
that could be good and I like the at the dance idea, not that they will ever do it again. :frown:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Whatever... Please inform me as to who "George" from MFS is. Don't have such a character in the ML, and would like all info on this character.
Thanks, hope to hear from you soon.

Iokitek

Reaction score
I really like the idea of having the Fraggles in there. Maybe they could have their "hole in the wall" at the Muppet Theatre then or something and just drop in from time to time. The Muppet Theatre should also be on Sesame Street actually so they can also have those Muppets drop in and say hi.

I've been thinking about this very subject lately actually. And I thought that nowadays we have different music and movies. So the whole format would probably have to change in order to make it work for a new audience. The Muppet Show is about the guest stars. And well most Muppets (or the muppeteers then) are kind of outdated. I wonder if some of them can even rap.

Because nowadays you'd have guest stars like Eminem and so on. And not every Muppeteer would be capable of working with someone like him I guess. I would love to see the Electric Mayhem playing more modern music. They're still kinda funky and stuff. And nowadays we just have different music. No wonder they always have to play at Bar Mitswa's :stick_out_tongue: Where are the punkrock bands? The gothic bands? The...I don't know.

I would like to see episodes with actors in character. Such as Sydney Bristow from Alias. Adrian Monk from Monk etc. So not as themselves but as the characters they play. I think that could make for some great episodes.

Oh and I hate that weird purple guy who hosted the Muppets Tonight. I forgot his name. Was it Clifford? Anyway I don't like him. He has to go.

Oh oh oh I almost forgot. I think they should have the entire Osbourne family on the Muppet Show. In the end Ozzie could grab one of Gonzo's chickens and bite her head off. And then he would let the chicken go and run around without her head. And then Gonzo would ask. "Wow! How did you do that?"... or something. :stick_out_tongue: And Ozzie would answer. "I'm the f***ing Prince of f***ing Darkness, I can do f***ing anything." You could make an entire episode in the Adams Family style.

Anyway, I got a million more of those.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
here's a good idea-my character, Lizzardo, could host the show and I could be famous right off the bat!

BJ

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
I dont think the fraggles shud be in it
1. they are not owned by disney
2. they are in a different show
i just dont think it would be good/ :smirk:

Gusworld

Reaction score
Iokitek said:
I would love to see the Electric Mayhem playing more modern music. They're still kinda funky and stuff. And nowadays we just have different music. No wonder they always have to play at Bar Mitswa's :stick_out_tongue: Where are the punkrock bands? The gothic bands? The...I don't know.
Even in the heyday of TMS, the Electric Mayhem only represented one style of music (a kind of funk/jazz thing). To give just one example, punk rock really kicked off in the UK during the time TMS was produced -- it's not a 90s phenomenon, that was more a revival. The dominant commercial style during that period was disco, and the Mayhem weren't a disco group either.

In practice, of course, the group did play a lot of other styles -- in TMS, they did country, swing, broadway, calypso and doubtless lots of others.

Incidentally, there's a really simple practical reason for a lot of the music choices -- those old music hall numbers and traditional songs are a lot cheaper to license than modern pop songs!

Cheers
Gus

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
the funky jazz rock tunes they play are the original and the best
YEAH!!! :big_grin:

Xela

Reaction score
Iokitek said:
I think they should have the entire Osbourne family on the Muppet Show. In the end Ozzie could grab one of Gonzo's chickens and bite her head off. And then he would let the chicken go and run around without her head.
:eek: :cry:

Yeah, that's kind of...whoa...

:concern: