The New Henson.com

Mark Filton

Reaction score
Wiggy: "you idiot."

THAT IS JUST FINE :mad:

I have disagreements but I never insult, but as long as the world's soldiers are being killed by terrorists I will take my gloves off with you!

"Teenage sex films (which is such a stupid term) will always be made and there is no reason to get all mad about it. As long as they are not shown on Nick Jr. or Disney Playhouse, why do you care Mark?"

Because it is more garbage in our society. More promiscuity and drug use and drinking and driving and irresponsibility. That is today's Disney with their spinoff companies.

"So, if someone wants to make a "teenage sex film" they are allowed to. You do not need to go watch it. "

And I am allowed to speak against it.

"And 9/11 exposed clips of the president saying stuff we never saw. You can ignore the voice over and just watch the clips are realize some bad stuff was going down with this administration."

We needed a Clinton movie showing what Clinton did with Monica in the same White House. YOU IDIOT.

"Iraq didn't attack us, they had no weapons, and Saddam was actually losing power and becoming less of a threat."

Tell that to the victims families of 911 you IDIOT. I don't care how many posts you have. Get off the forum and go live in Afghanistan.

"Bush took it upon himself to attack Iraq and sent the country into chaos. He actually made it a breeding ground for more terrorists you idiot."

Democracy isn't easy, you fool. You fool. YOU FOOL!

"Now I didn't read all of your posts because they are long, boring, and pointless, but I did see those 2 points about "teenage sex films" (you old sad man) and 9/11."

YOU SAD AND IGNORANT LITTLE B***ASTARD! Stupid, treasonous brat. Terrorist sympathizing creep! GO to h***ll!

See, I can insult too!!!!!!!! :big_grin: :mad:

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i like the new site but i guess i missed the Teenage Sex Link n there i'll have visit again LOL :halo:

Mark Filton

Reaction score
I don't know. Maybe you should ask him why he calls me an "idiot" and an "old sad man."

I was just looking around in the threads and find these insults. I am an honest guy. I admitted to Luke in the "muppets.com" thread that I was surprised by how good the Disney Muppets site was. I can admit to people that they were right sometimes, but I never insult and Luke never insults either. I always say we have different views and even my own view is my own so not take me so serious but can I ask you this:

Who likes to be insulted so many times??? :big_grin:

I insult you right back Wiggy :grouchy:

Have some respect for the soldiers of the world in stupid Iraq at Christmastime :mad:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Look. I can't stand Michael Moore either, but I do not understand what he or teenage sex films have to do with Disney buying the Muppets or the new Henson.com.

Wait, they DON'T.

The last thing we need this to be is another pathetic Internet political thread. Especially when everything you are saying is irrelevant to the topic. :rolleyes:

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Gang,
I have not red every page of this thread so I am kind of not up to speed on the political nature of what goes on here.

Having a Wife in the Army I find a good deal of this offensive, and I think you all should understand that 9/11 has little to do with our involvement in Iraq. Weather or not you agree with it you might at least support our president, because he is still the leader of the FREE world don’t forget that. And you might support our troops, because there are our men, women, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, friends and lovers who are fighting for Freedom.

The Muppets have always been political in some way using this space for political slander is over the top.

With Great change comes great opportunity that is the case with the Muppet / Disney merger. As for Henson.com, you have got to understand that Disney owns the Muppets now; Henson sold the name and the characters to Disney. So there is a separation between the 2, and I actually think it is a good idea.

When Jim died the company under went major changes, all of which were for the better. Before every one was doing every thing, performers were directing, writing, building, and also running the company. After Jim passed the company changed so that each group could focus on what it did best, and there would be others to run the company, and direct, and build, and the like. For a long time now Henson has struggled, and the Muppets have had a hard time getting back into the main stream. The last few major Muppet projects have, well lets face it missed the mark, Frank OZ even said so when referring to Muppets from Space.

So now The Jim Henson Company has the opportunity to work on more main stream films, and kind of drop the cute cuddly side of things. Disney who does cute and cuddly very well will pick up the Muppet characters, just as Sesame Street now owns there own characters as well. Frank OZ who is no longer performing has the ability to peruse directing and so on and so on. In this way if Henson runs into trouble, there is less danger that the Muppets will have to fade away, like wise Elmo will always be part of Sesame Street. :smile:

christyb

Reaction score
The muppets are cute and cuddly? Ok Elmo cute and cuddly, The Muppets well I don't think so. True the newest Muppet productions haven't quite hit par but in my opinion they were great. And Muppet Christmas Carol hit dead on as far as quality. However, as much as I hate it. Disney owning the Muppets is a good thing. They have a more secure future that way. But unless Disney improves the quality of their own stuff I don't see a bright future for Kermit and the Gang. I just see a repeat of Swamp Years. Which many here hate but I loved it. Like it or not change is happening and unless we want to see more we have to accept change for what it is. No matter who owns it though the Muppets will always be considered as Jim Henson's creations.

Mark Filton

Reaction score
"The last thing we need this to be is another pathetic Internet political thread. Especially when everything you are saying is irrelevant to the topic."

If you think that I am going to sit around and be insulted just because you want all the topics to be the same as the topic as when it first started, you can forget it.

Somebody insults me so I respond to it. What, do you think your computer will explode because we go off topic? It happens every day. If you want to talk about irrelevant," then how "relevant" are insults? :grouchy:

"Weather or not you agree with it you might at least support our president, because he is still the leader of the FREE world don’t forget that."

Yes, I agree with that. I hope you're not finding me offensive. Bush is not perfect but he is better than any terrorist. Bush also said we are in a different world after 911.

You guys won't catch me saying any criticism to the troops at Christmastime. Or any other time.

Barbeque an Iraqi terrorist for me :crazy: :big_grin:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
scarylarrywolf said:
I did not see Kermit up there at all. Kermit seperated from Jim is a plain sin.

Kermit (and the other Muppets for that matter), were not taken from Jim Henson (or any of the other performers, creators, or workers). Kermit was seperated from The Jim Henson Company, not Jim Henson the man. No sale or deal with the Muppets can ever take Kermit from Jim (or Jim from Kermit)...ever. Just cause the Jim Henson Company is not the head of the Muppets does not mean the The Henson Company does not still work with and for the Muppets (cuase they do). The money is just going through Disney now, and final call is Disney's too. Jim Henson and the Muppets will always be hand and hand, for ever and ever. No ownership can change that.

christyb

Reaction score
:confused: uhh...I'm lost....Sorry???:confused:

(I'm referring to Mark Filton's last post)