Your Thoughts: Farscape Peacekeeper Wars

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I am new to the Farscape universe, and I tried to watch the first part of the series last night (waiting for #2 at this moment). However, I live in the most disruptive household in the world (me, my wife and 7 other people, as well as 2 dogs, 3 cats and a plethora of rodents). People were making noise (would not shut their yaps) they got in my way (there are two televisions with cable hookup, one was being watched and the other is in the kitchen, where everyone was flocking for some stupid reason-right in front of the TV. "Ooh, he looks cool" "Who's that guy?" "Hey, what does she do?" I would know if you stopped talking!!!!!!). So can you guys help me out? I only caught the names of three characters: John Crichton, Aeryn Sun and Scorpios (?). Who are some of the other characters, like the blue-skinned girl, the little green pregnant fellow, the guy with a metal plate on half his face, the girl with the short cropped red hair, the other redhead with the zig-zag hairline and the big guy in red who looks a bit like Chewbacca? Sorry for my ignorance, but I would like to get into Farscape, and in this house, it's hard. :grouchy:

DanGNpuppet

Reaction score
Wow

I'm blown away.
It's the conclusion Farscape DESERVED.
I think that's one of the most well written, best directed THINGS I've ever seen...

The Storyteller

Reaction score
THAT WAS........... WOW! OH MY! THAT WAS THE BEST THING I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS! AMAZING! OH MY GOD! PLEASE SciFi renew Farscape, it's the best show on your channel! It's smiply, simply.......there's no word in the English language to describe it! PLEASE RENEW! :concern:

AbnormalExpert

Reaction score
Wowsers!

I was simply in a higher plane after watching the mini series. Farscape has always been close to my heart and the writers definitely kept it alive for me. Having the child named Dargo Zhaan Chriton was a work of genius. I was in tears... if they make a Farscape movie I am behind it 100%. Tell all your friends, share the seasons if you have them, get the word out. FARSCAPE!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The baby was named Dargo Zhaan Crychton? Thought it was named Dargo Sunn Crychton. Oh well.
Hey Phil, there was a trailer after the 11:00 PM EST showing stating... The whole thing will be aired this Sunday, October 24, from 3-7 PM EST.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

BTW: Ryan, I can help you understand the characters and the history of the show, but as you know I can't match up the characters names with the visuals due to my blind batty eyes. If you need any help understanding the show, send me an E-mail and I'll give you as much info as I can.

towels

Reaction score
Wow, that was fantastic. Very, very cool. Suddenly the opening and closing of part one even makes sense. Wow.

Of course, my cynical nature makes me think that part of the reason Sci-Fi is showing it three times a night and again on Sunday is the divide the audience numbers so they can have a ratings "out".

Man, I'll miss D'argo on future stories, but they were able to continue past Zhaan so it certainly won't keep me from watching!

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
Brian Henson deserves something for that, so do the actors. The Peacekeeper wars was the best thing in science-fiction I've seen in a long time! Farscape went out with the best ending they could possibly have. Thank you Mr. Henson for making Farscape the best Sci-fi show to date!

(One minor question - Peacekeepers are humans right? I mean we can assume that by the little explanation the Qujagan gave)

The Storyteller

Reaction score
'Farscape' Pulls In Impressive Audience

Author: Michael Hinman
Date: 10-19-2004
Source: Watch Farscape
While it didn't get the same numbers that "Battlestar Galactica" did last December on the Sci-Fi Channel, one thing producers for "Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars" can say about that "Galactica" only had to deal with Cylons ... John Crichton (Ben Browder) and crew had to face baseball playoffs and high-rated television series on other networks.

The four-hour miniseries, shown last weekend on the Sci-Fi Channel, pulled in some 2 million viewers both nights in its original run, showing that there definitely is life left on Moya.

According to a press release from the Sci-Fi Channel, Sunday night's broadcast pulled in a 1.5 rating on the cable channel, showing huge increases for viewership in that timeslot from just one year before. The first night of "Farscape" bumped Sci-Fi's audience by 88 percent overall, and more than 163 percent in the key 25- to 54-year-old age demographic. Those 18-49 were drawn in as well, as Sci-Fi saw a 202 percent jump in that demo.

What was more impressive was the fact that more people tuned in for the first broadcast of part two, than showed up for the first part. The last two hours of "Farscape" earned a 1.9 rating, equating to more than 2 million viewers, up 30 percent over the previous night.

The show was a ratings winner for Sci-Fi, making it the highest-rated cable network in those key demographics for the two nights. It beat out TNT, TBS and SpikeTV.

While the initial ratings numbers don't account for encore showings of the mini, Sci-Fi Channel officials said some 7 million pairs of eyes were on "Farscape" over the weekend.

So, what will come next for "Farscape"? It's hard to tell. Sci-Fi Channel canceled the show prematurely in 2002. Thanks to numerous well-organized fan campaigns, The Jim Henson Co. -- which produces "Farscape" -- found private funding, and put together the four-hour miniseries.

While Sci-Fi Channel did pick up the miniseries for its original air, it is unclear whether the network will order more telemovies or miniseries based on the Rockne O'Bannon series in the future. Such a decision would likely be made next year.

As for a series revival? That, too, remains a possibility. The miniseries finished with stronger numbers than what "Farscape" had before it was canceled, but it will be up to studio heads whether the series itself could see a comeback.

ctegan

Reaction score
Docnzhoss said:
Who are some of the other characters, like the blue-skinned girl, the little green pregnant fellow, the guy with a metal plate on half his face, the girl with the short cropped red hair, the other redhead with the zig-zag hairline and the big guy in red who looks a bit like Chewbacca? Sorry for my ignorance, but I would like to get into Farscape, and in this house, it's hard. :grouchy:
blue-skinned girl = Chiana
green pregnant fellow = Rygel
guy with metal plate on half of his face = Stark
girl with short cropped red hair = Sikozu
the other redhead = Jool
the big guy in red = Ka D'Argo

Character info. can be found here at the Henson site and here (a little more in depth) at the Sci Fi Channel site.

Hope that helps! :smile: