It's Official: Sesame Channel to arrive fall 2005

Dantecat

Reaction score
Me either. How do you know it's going to start in spring and what month will it be on demand? Huh?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Actually, I have some great news! It's actually supposed to launch this spring! AND at least the first year will consist of ALL "Library." In this case, "Library" means "old material." Just like Noggin was in the beginning. But you have to remember that there isn't all that much material for just preschoolers. So they will also have some shows for ages 6 to 9 to fill that void. Maybe they'll have shows like The Electric Company, Square One TV, 3-2-1 Contact, and maybe even old Sesame Street! I think it probably WILL have old SS, but I'm not sure which episodes. But honestly, even if they DO just pick up the exact same 67 episodes that were on Sesame Street Unpaved, which was once on Noggin, it'll still be nice to see those again. And also, this channel will be offering a LOT of VOD. That will be convenient, so that there's no scheduled time to worry about. I can't wait!!!
Thanks for the info, Ssetta. :smile: :big_grin:

ssetta

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
Me either. How do you know it's going to start in spring and what month will it be on demand? Huh?
Vicki told me.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Still, at least we get a starting point: spring 2005! Or is it: Fall 2005! Maybe...Sometime in the Year 2005! :big_grin:

Now if I can find someone with cable who'll trade with me... :smirk:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Sing: In the year 2005...
*Trumpet fanfare in background.

When the Muppets are still alive.
If Sesame Street can survive...
They may find....

TashAndMe

Reaction score
I must admit, I'm psyched about this new channel. I'm very fortunate that Comcast is my cable provider. I hope they do show old SS episodes that weren't shown on Unpaved. And I hope it doesn't have the same effect as Noggin and be forced to change formats. That'd drive me out of my mind. Can't wait until some of the shows from this channel arrive in On Demand!

G-MAN

Reaction score
It would also be cool if they showed Pinwheel.