Muppets for President

funkydoo

Reaction score
as i is in the uk i can't say which muppet i would want as president but i can say who i would like as prime minister and that would be waldorf and the chancellor would be statler and the underling would be the swedish chef =O) but then saying that rowlf would be a good candiate too x

Ziffel

Reaction score
Found this thread from before I was a member here.

From TMS I would most want Kermit as Prez with Sam the Eagle as his veep. Both are intelligent, but Kermit has a little more of the personality necessary for diplomacy that would make him more suitable for the top spot of the ticket.
For SS I want Herbert Birdsfoot for Prez and Bert for VP. (But a ticket of Herbert/Bert might be a little awkward sounding and thus could be one of those negative intangible factors [like having a ticket of two people from the same part of the country doesn't give the advantage of "geographical balance", for instance]). Again, both are highly intelligent. And Bert is my fave muppet. But I think Herbert has a little better control of his temperament and would thus be a little better able to handle the intense pressures and responsibilities of the presidential office.
Statler and Waldorf would be good cabinet members. As would Prairie Dawn. Put Miss Piggy at Secretary of Defense. And Oscar the Grouch would also be good at that position. Animal would be perfect for Secretary of Energy. heeheehee. Bunsen Honeydew for Secretary of Education (or Professor Hastings!). And how about The Count for Secretary of the Treasury? All the money and financial records would be extremely accurate. (Although people in D.C. would be wondering why they get thunderstorms every single day for four years. In any case, just make sure Lefty the Salesman isn't in this cabinet position! After all, we've already had plenty of Lefty the Salesmen. They're called Republicans and Democrats! :stick_out_tongue: )

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, even if she is too, young, I'd cast my vote for Prairie Dawn. She has common sense and a love of theater. :smile:

On Fraggle Rock, yeah I'd go with Gobo. But I'm not sure if VP should be Red or Wembley.

BEAR

Reaction score
I'd vote for Kermit the Frog, hands down. Although, Rowlf would be a good choice as well. I would never vote for Sam only because he would disapprove of too much and that's no fun. I would certainly want him somewhere in the cabinet though.

Floyd: Yeah, man. Like the kitchen cabinet locked up. Hehehe!!

So, I think Kermit is the most logical choice for all the same reasons everyone else gave. And Scooter would be his assistant/secretary (whatever that position is called). Rowlf would be Vice President. A lot of you are voting for Zoot?! Now, I like Zoot, too, but not as President. The guys so stoned out.

I wouldn't appoint any of the Sesame Street Muppets as President mostly because the majority of them are children (even though I do believe children are some of the most intellegent and compassionate people I have ever known...more than adults). The only "adult" Muppets on Sesame Street that we have I would not appoint as Chief of State in a million years. The Count would just drive everyone nuts by counting all day, and Oscar...Well, we might as well just vote for Hillary. If Gordon ever wanted to be President though, I'd support him. I don't think I'd vote for Bert because that would be weird. Could be amusing though. Ernie would be good, but nothing would get done. In that case, I should just run myself.

From Fraggle Rock, I agree with the rest of you. Gobo is the only real choice there.

I would also like to nominate Beaker for Speaker of the House...(or is that Beaker of the House?):eek:Just kidding.

Ziffel

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I don't think I'd vote for Bert because that would be weird. Could be amusing though.
Sure would. For instance, instead of having a pet dog Buddy like Clinton or Checkers like Nixon, or a pet cat Socks like Clinton or India like Bush, the President's pet would be a pigeon! (Bernice).

And yeah, for SS humans, I'd most like Gordon (with probably Bob for the running mate).

And The Swedish Chef would be best for the White House chef, of course, with Cookie Monster being the WORST choice!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'd make Bert VP, he's got the brains but not the PR appeal (and unfortunately you need that).

BEAR

Reaction score
I think that instead of President, Sam would be well suited as the one in charge of the Military forces. I forget what they call that person. I'd have Sam do that.