TMS DVD Campaign needs you!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
To have 5 fully loaded unedited box sets of The Muppet Show and 1 fully loaded unedited box set of Muppets Tonight on my shelf is the dream we have. If every 4 months they put another one out starting next fall (2005) all 6 of these sets could be out by fall '07. That's not too bad. They could start earlier and go faster, I don't know how far they are into compleation, and how much resources they are pumping into these, and how important they are to them to get out quickly.

christyb

Reaction score
Hey this is great. I'm planning to draft and send my letter for Muppets Tonight asap. Thanks GelflingWaldo and the others for leading this movement. it's obviously working!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
All New Campaign Website Launches

:excited:

Attention all Muppet Fans, Campaign Supporters, or any one else interested:

The campaign group to get The Muppet Show and Muppets Tonight has a brand new, state of the art, website. The "Get Muppet TV on DVD" movement has a new website with a new design, new features, and more. It will be updated as developments on Muppet TV Show DVDs are released on DVD and will continue to support the voice of fans. We are currently focusing on the two live-action Muppet TV shows. But may expand to other Muppet and Henson shows in the future. The new site launched today, and more updates and features will follow in the coming weeks. Enjoy, get envolved, and let your voice be heard!

:smile:

baby sinclair

Reaction score
i know guy'z this whole henson selling off thing has been freaking sweet.More figures, muppet and fraggle season sets, more clothes ,better websites and many more henson shows will be available by the end of next year.It's like a muppet wonder land where every thing is showerd with muppety gifts.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
It sounds like we've partially succeeded.
Yes, the biggest challenge is behind us, but it is not over. The "get Muppet TV on dvd" campaign site will continue to cover the development of the season sets, bringing you all the information on release details and product features until all 5 seasons of the Muppet Show are out. We also will continue to push for a Muppets Tonight release to complement the Muppet Show's. And we will encurage all to voice their opinions on the extras and format they want to see. Request the 2 pilot episodes are encluded; request the original openings; request the UK skits; request behind the scenes documentaries; request whatever you want! These are our sets; we are the fans, we are the customers, let our voice be heard. Even though season 1 is in the works, it is still a ways off (and season 5 is even further). We can impact what we get and how the series is handled. We will continue to support the fans voice. Once we feel the fans voice has been heard (lound and clear) we may move to other Henson/Muppet tv shows (Muppet Babies, Secret Life of Toys, Dinosaurs, and the list goes on), but we want to make sure these sets are going straight and also lets get Muppets Tonight on their "to do" list sooner rather than later. The campaign has slowed (the 3-stages were dropped to not bombard them with demands), but it is not over. Will will also cover the news and information on the sets on our site as well once we get closer to the release time and more details surface.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The "Get Muppet TV on DVD" movement is still working hard to get the studios to release best DVDs possible for The Muppet Show and Muppets Tonight. In the future we plan to expand to new Henson/Muppet shows once we have sucess in the directions we are working now.

The campaign site launched a new poll section today, trying to learn which show(s) people would like to see the campagin go after next. This would probally not be until early next year, but to get we want to get an idea of which way to go next.

Please surf over and vote. This will let us know where we should go next so we can start developing the next campagin, talking with the proper companies/people, and collection infromation to help aid the you and the other campaigners.

Thanks for the support of the campaign so far (it looks like the Muppet Show is a go, and hopeful our thoughts on Muppets Tonight will be heard too).

:smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok. I am convinced. I'm going to put "Letter to Mup. Holding Co." on my to-do list for tommorow.

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Please surf over and vote. This will let us know where we should go next so we can start developing the next campagin, talking with the proper companies/people, and collection infromation to help aid the you and the other campaigners.
Cool site. Just one question...what about the Muppet Central portions of the Jim Henson Hour?

It seems like that should be an option in the poll. Even if it wasn't as good as TMS.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Amazing Mumford said:
what about the Muppet Central portions of the Jim Henson Hour?

It seems like that should be an option in the poll.
We agree too. I just added The Jim Henson Hour ("Muppet Central" Segments) to the poll. We didn't want to have every Henson show ever on there but at a second look we agree that The JHH was overlooked by our staff. It is now up and avalible to vote for. Thanks for the feedback.