Best Muppet Babies Episode

christyb

Reaction score
Alright everyone.... So in your opinion what is the absolute best Muppet Babies episode ever?

Mine: The one where Gonzo takes them to the Weirdo Zone (very first time they went there)

Klonoa

Reaction score
I'm partial to the one where Baby Gonzo gets everyone to play video games. Lots of game parodies in that one, and I've worked in that industry.

Also like the one where they make their own Star Wars movie.

There were so many great ones, though. That was such a good cartoon.

--Klonoa

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
they're all good!

Well, Muppet Babies is a great cartoon and I really enjoyed watching all of them, but I guess some episodes that stand out would include "Raiders of the Lost Muppet", which I mainly enjoyed for the big Indiana Jones references (being a big Indiana Jones fan! :wink: )
Another great one is "Muppet Babies: The Next Generation" because it is very funny and tons of sci-fi shows and movies are referenced. It is very cool. :smile:

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember one episode when the babies overheard Nanny on the phone saying she had to get rid of one of them. The babies worried and wondered who was going to get thrown out into the cold. And they imagined how each one would make out on their own. Piggy imagined she'd become a powerful business pig and Gonzo imagined himself living in a dump forever. It almost looked like Fozzie was going to go. But it turned out Nanny was just going to get rid of an old chair in the nursery that Fozzie was sitting on. And she told the babies to ask instead of jumping to the wrong conclusion.

When I first saw this, it almost sounded like Nanny was going to get rid of one of the babies. And I thought there had to be some explanation about all this. Nanny loves her Muppet Babies a lot.

Whatever

Reaction score
I loved the one where Nanny gets kidnapped by aliens and they rescue her.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
How about the one where Animal gets a bath ("Squeaky clean!") and they think he gets sucked down the drain? They go down after him and encounter the gurgle monster and in the end they find out that he was sitting with Nanny the whole time. That one is a classic.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
It is hard for me to remember specific episodes, since so much went on in every episode. Here are some moments that I remember and enjoyed:

-Nanny makes cookies for each of the babies in their own likeness, but she accidentally drops the Rowlf cookie so everyone thinks that Nanny does not love Rowlf as much as the others.

-The Giligan's Island parody (Fozzie as Gilligan, Kermit as the Skipper, Piggy as Ginger, Scooter and Skeeter as the millionaire and his wife, Gonzo as the professor, and Rowlf as Mary Ann)

-When all of the babies sang the song about how to be a good nanny

-Nanny's sister (or maybe her cousin) came to visit and you did not see her head either. To cover up her head at the very end, as she runs around with the kids, Fozzie is on her shoulders - that always made me laugh.

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
Like others, there are just too many to count.

The one where they lose a key and have to go underground to get it comes to mind.

The one where they break piggy's playhouse so then piggy has to decided amongst which designs she likes the most.

Man there are just so many good one's, it makes me wish I could find the whole series somewhere.

TashAndMe

Reaction score
I liked the one where Nanny was making paste for the new wallpaper in the kids' bathroom and the kids kept thinking it was a food that they would have to try. That was a good episode.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
There are a few episodes that I specifically remember...

-The episode where they reenacted "Snow White," with Skeeter playing Snow White and Piggy stuck in the role of the Wicked Queen. I loved how Piggy did everything in her power to force Skeeter out of Snow White's role simply because she didn't want Prince Charming (Kermit) to kiss Skeeter. Gonzo, Bunsen, Beaker, Fozzie, Rowlf, Scooter and Animal as the dwarves was classic (Animal: ME CRAZY!), especially with the dwarves running a beauty salon instead of mining for diamonds. And I just realized this only a few years ago, but at the end when Nanny tells the kids that she always wanted to play the Wicked Queen, I swear she only said it so that Piggy would get out of her snit.

-The episode where the babies tried their hand at making cartoons using Nanny's old video camera. They had some pretty creative ideas for a bunch of babies. (Both this episode and the Snow White one were on a videotape my grandmother kept around her house for her grandkids...I wonder if she still has it?)

-The "art museum" episode, where the gang made their own art museum after an accident left Skeeter with a sprained ankle and caused Nanny to cancel their trip to the real art museum. And in every painting Gonzo made, a pink rollerskate would mysteriously appear (the story being that Skeeter had tripped over Piggy's rollerskate, and Piggy had swapped her skate for Gonzo's so that she wouldn't get blamed for Skeeter getting hurt).

-The episode where Fozzie loses his teddy bear and the group winds up journeying into the troll mines where trolls hoarde all the lost toys just to get Fozzie's teddy back.