Wanna Cup of Wilkins Coffee?

Iokitek

Reaction score
Those are cool :smile: I did download and watch them. But I would still like to know if it's legal to own them or not actually.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Iokitek, I cannot respond to your question, but on-topic, I have a s***ty connection to the Internet (read: dial-up and AOL- a marriage made in h***) and the downloads of those commercials take for-freaking ever! Just FYI.

BJ

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Thanks for the links. I had seen one or two of them before, but this collection of files is excellent (and in such good quality too). The commercials are still great today, even after almost 50 year. They are such a treasure to watch. The characters are funny and the commercials are just plain fun to watch.

I wish more of the old rare stuff would be avalible online (or better yet on DVD); like Sam and Friends, The Today Show appearances, Southern Bread commercials, Wilkins commercials, Wilson’s Meats meeting film, Tales of the Tinkerdee, The Jimmy Dean Show appearances, Mike Douglas Show appearances, and more. It would be cool if Henson or the Jim Henson Legacy (or anyone else with the means to) put togeather an online collection of videos to share the old works with the world (you know, all the people who can't make it to the special film festivals, workshops. or museum events but still love to see Jim's old work).

I don't know about the copyrights, or other legal bugs that may (or may not) be attached to this old and rare work; but I think the more of it out there for the fans to see the better. I hope more stuff like this becomes avalible to us to see again (or for some for the first time).

Iokitek

Reaction score
hmmm, well I'll just hang on to them then. Perhaps later there will be a special DVD with them on it.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Gelfling Waldo, what a great idea! I love it! Also, what about the other commercials starring new and original muppets (back in that day, they were, like the La Choy Dragon)?

I also was looking at Jim Henson: The Works last night, and I recognized one of the products that Wilkins and Wontkins were selling, Faygo (the tomato stuff)! I think Faygo is still in stores today, tho i'm not sure. Any help?

BJ

lowercasegods

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
Gelfling Waldo, what a great idea! I love it! Also, what about the other commercials starring new and original muppets (back in that day, they were, like the La Choy Dragon)?

I also was looking at Jim Henson: The Works last night, and I recognized one of the products that Wilkins and Wontkins were selling, Faygo (the tomato stuff)! I think Faygo is still in stores today, tho i'm not sure. Any help?

BJ
I know this thread is essentially expired, but I had to post and thank all parties who were responsible for bringing the Wilkins/Wontkins commercials to us fans. They were so much fun, especially the one where the tree falls on Wontkins. And in repsonse to the Faygo remark, it's actually a soda pop produced here in Michigan (Detroit, specifically). It's pretty good stuff, and cheaper than most name brand soft drinks. It's probably just a coincidence, but I speculate that Jim met up with the producers of Faygo during his trip to the national puppeteers convention held in Detroit in the early 60s, which possibly led to the commercials.