Fraggle Rock: Puppets vs Animation

McFraggle

Reaction score
Xela said:
Yeah, the original in anything is always best, and this is true for Fraggle Rock. I thought the cartoon was okay, but it could never bring the same magic as the original. :smile:
I agree. :smile:

Frags

Reaction score
Well - going along the same lines, the animated Muppet Babies defied the object of Muppet Babies - Muppets, as most of us know, are puppets, that seem real - not cartoons - so in my oppinion, Fraggle Rock worked much better with the puppets. I think it still tried to put the general overview and message across that the original one did and the characters more or less stayed the same, but there wasn't that surrealism to it. It was just a cartoon. The puppets brought the magic to life and I could believe that they were real - I actually thought I might have had fraggles living under my house when I was a kid because they looked real. Cartoons don't, so I don't think they worked as well.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Frags said:
Well - going along the same lines, the animated Muppet Babies defied the object of Muppet Babies - Muppets, as most of us know, are puppets, that seem real - not cartoons - so in my oppinion, Fraggle Rock worked much better with the puppets. I think it still tried to put the general overview and message across that the original one did and the characters more or less stayed the same, but there wasn't that surrealism to it. It was just a cartoon. The puppets brought the magic to life and I could believe that they were real - I actually thought I might have had fraggles living under my house when I was a kid because they looked real. Cartoons don't, so I don't think they worked as well.

i would not really like a fraggile babies cartoon

Frags

Reaction score
It wasn't fraggle-babies - it was muppet babies - but, yeah - fraggle babies cartoon sounds a bit disconcerting. Hehe. :smile:

McFraggle

Reaction score
Frags said:
I agree. :smile: