Favorite Cartoon/Comic Strip

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
What is your favorite comic strip or print-cartoon?

I would have to say I love "The Far Side" by Gary Larson, it is so smart and funny. I also am a fan of "Calvin and Hobbes" by Bill Watterson cause it is also very funny.

What about you?

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
What is your favorite comic strip or print-cartoon?

I would have to say I love "The Far Side" by Gary Larson, it is so smart and funny. I also am a fan of "Calvin and Hobbes" by Bill Watterson cause it is also very funny.

What about you?
I'd agree that both of those are really good strips. "Calvin and Hobbes" is by far my personal favorite. Every now and then I still pull out the books and re-read those old strips. There's an old MC thread devoted to Calvin and Hobbes here:

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=11261&highlight=hobbes

I also really liked "The Norm" up until it ended a few months ago. As far as current strips, I enjoy "Get Fuzzy" and "Dilbert" quite a bit. My other favorite (which sadly is not in the Minneapolis Star Tribune) is "Gil Thorpe." Yeah, it's cheesy but who doesn't love rooting for the Mudlarks?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Garfield and Peanuts are two of my favorites. Love Calvin and Hobbes and Get Fuzzy even tho I've only read a couple. Does anyone know which is the first Get Fuzzy comic strip book? I would love to have that one.

superfan

Reaction score
LOVE The Far Side!!
My fave is this cartoon block with an old man's head resting in an arm chair and his grandkids are seated around him. The Grandmother yells from the kitchen, "Geez, can't you tell them any other story other than the one about your head!!?"

Calvin and Hobbes is excellent as well.

I don't know why, but Marmaduke is like the horrific car crash that you drive by reeal slow....you don't want to look, but you have to.

"What Were You in a Former Life?" by Adam Greene is a book I highly reccommend. A little dark, a little sick, the humor is bang on.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
My favorite Comic Strips:

• Calvin & Hobbes
  • Peanuts
  • For Better or Worse
  • Non Sequitor
  • Garfield
  • Luann
  • B.C.
  • Foxx Trot
  • Blondie
  • Willy & Ethel
  • Bloom County
  • Opus
  • Hi & Lois
  • The Far Side
  • Beetle Bailey
  • Family Circus

Klonoa

Reaction score
My favorites:

Little Nemo in Slumberland (OLD 1900's newspaper comic strip. WAY ahead of its time)
Garfield
The Far Side
Calvin and Hobbes
Dilbert
Get Fuzzy
Mutts

--Klonoa

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well... I like Garfield... but mainly the older stuff. It han't been that good for a while.

Peanuts of course.

And Far side. Calvin and Hobbs too.

Uh,... the old Thimble Theater Popeye, and I'm getting into the Boondocks. Uh... I like Fox Trot and Robotman and Monty... now it's just Monty. And then Off the Mark.

I don't care too much for Get Fuzzy, but I absolutely DISPISE "Sylvia" by Nicholle Hollander. Awful artwork, unfunny spinster humor... terrible, terrible stuff!

And I forgot Heathcliff... but I like the cartoon series better than the strip!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My favorite comic strips: (all caps mean top favorite(s))
* Zits
* Fox Trot
* Classic Peanuts (a.k.a. Peanuts)
* Garfield
* GET FUZZY
* Stone Soup
* MOTHER GOOSE AND GRIMM
* Beetle Bailey
* Pickles
* Snuffy Smith
* Marvin
* Baldo
* Rose is Rose

My favorite animated cartoons: (ditto)
* ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE
* COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG
* ROCKO'S MODERN LIFE
* Cow and Chicken
* Ed, Edd n Eddy (older episodes, the new ones don't have it)
* Hey Arnold!
* Kablam/Action League Now!

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I enjoy Garfield, Dilbert, and Peanuts. My cartooning instructor has a really funny comic he does, too (not syndicated yet).