Describe your favourite Muppet main character

Helen

Reaction score
I'm STILL researching (and i will be for about a year) Just wondered how you would describe your favourite muppet main character in 50 words or less - i don't just mean physically either. Describe their personalities, their little quirks! Thanks!

Helen

Reaction score
(again)

In fact! Don't even limit yourselves to 50 words. The world is your oyster. Tell me ALL about it!

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Helen said:
I'm STILL researching (and i will be for about a year) Just wondered how you would describe your favourite muppet main character in 50 words or less - i don't just mean physically either. Describe their personalities, their little quirks! Thanks!
May I ask what you are doing the research for, Helen?

Beauregard

Reaction score
My fav. character is a little celebrated brown stage hand named Beauregard (Or Beau Regard, depending who you ask.) Dimwitted, and picked on, Beauregard may find it hard to stand up as tall or shout as loudly as the other Muppets for the world's attention, but he definatly deserves it. From the time that the rats made him president to get food, to the time he shoved Kermit off the trapize, to the time Kermit banished him from the theater, Beauregard's escapades arn't so much funny as heart-warming, and loveable. I'm still hoping one day he hits big-time.

Bea:zany:{Is that helpfull?}regard

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Have seen a couple of threads posted by you, Helen. You want to know the deep meaning behind main characters and what they mean to us.

I think Statler and Waldorf show us that friendship really lasts, and that even when we're crabby and sarcastic and even rude to one another; a best friend will always stick by you!

Dan

xx

Helen

Reaction score
Docnzhoss said:
May I ask what you are doing the research for, Helen?
Sure. I'm in my final year of high school in Australia and as part of my extension 2 english course I'm writing a major work with the following as my topic / statement of intent:

Characters in Jim Henson's "The Muppets" films fulfil certain societal roles and represent values characteristic of their context. As the characters evolve over time, they act as a social commentary which challenges and extends society's established attitudes, expectations and norms.

So that's the plan! It will take me about a year but I'm starting early and I figured I'd ask you guys what you thought since you're the experts!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
It's hard for me to explain - or even pin down - what it is about Scooter that makes him my favorite character. I like how he seems to be an observer to the madness that is the Muppet Show; sometimes he gets his chance onstage, either as part of the chorus or else in his own spot, but most of the time Scooter stays backstage hanging out and taking care of various backstage necessities for Kermit.

I like Scooter's enthusiasm, so much of which was Richard Hunt's own enthusiasm. He was so excited to be a part of the Muppet Show that he didn't mind just being a go-fer. Even though Scooter would frequently drop his uncle's name in order to secure a spot on the show, or else do something that Kermit didn't especially want done, he never used his uncle's influence to get higher in the backstage hierarchy. He was content to be a go-fer. Scooter also wasn't above using his own smarts to get things done; for instance in the Sylvester Stallone episode instead of using his uncle to convince Kermit to let Sly's groupies backstage, Scooter convinced the girls to pretend that they were there to see Kermit instead.

To sum it up, I like Scooter because he seems, in the middle of all the lunacy that is the Muppet Show, like a normal kid (or as normal as the Muppets get).

-Kim

Beakerfan

Reaction score
My favorite character is a big, brown, kinda scary-looking guy named Sweetums. I like him because it shows that it doesn't matter what a person looks like outside, but what's inside that counts. Another favorite of my mine is a shy, mousy person named Beaker. I like him because he reminds me alot of myself. Shy, quiet, doesn't talk alot except to people he's comfortable with, and he's a people-pleaser. Does what people ask him to because they ask him to and feels he must, even when he knows no ones listening to his protests and that he will get blown up. :eek: