Rumor: Disney to release Muppet Movie DVD

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

lastnight me and some friends went to the mall, and I stopped in the Disney Store to see IF I could find Muppet t-shirt's that thay starred selling and THERE was NONE. The castmeber (she was the store manager, who i was taling too) sayed she DID have some Muppet T's and sold FAST! there was ONLY 2 girl shirts (one with Animal & Kermit) But any ways we got taking about the New Muppets.com and stuff and I sayed somtuing about wishin for a Muppet Movie dvd, and she sayed that she was told that........... THERE WILL BE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :excited: I told her i was gonna post it here (yep, she knows about this place) and told me NOT to give her name out, and also told me that she wasn't going to give me a date becouse she was told by the END OF SUMMER (2005) :smile: so, i guess Disney is lissing to us Muppet fans with out us knowing! :smile:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
OMG that is so cool! I went to my semi-local Disney Store about a week ago, and the cast member I asked about Muppets stuff didn't have a clue about anything that might be coming out. Or so she had me believe...

T

timrikthegorf

Is this a special edition? There already is a Muppet Movie DVD out.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
Proberly not...when the current stock of the muppet movie is sold out it will not be aviable until Disney relase it again.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
Yes! :smile: Sorry i forgot to say it was that..im just so :excited: lol

T

timrikthegorf

Oh special edition! This is good. There really shouldn't be anymore concern's about Disney wanting to use the muppets. We're starting to here a lot of good things. Muppet Wizard of Oz is sounding good, we're getting more muppet shirts and stuff, a Special Edition DVD (which is fantastic!), and apprently Palisades got some kind of push from Disney because there is now talk of doing a series 10 which was formerly canceled. Amazing!

SarahFraggle

Reaction score
I was at the disney store the other day and they had a whole rack 75% off, it was so cool! we got 4.. The were both men and women sizes and they had at least two with Animal, a few with Kermit, one with the gang, and one with Statler and Waldorf. Actually most of them were men sizes.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
This is great news to see Disney is working on Muppet DVDs with the classic programs.

I think we may want to start sending letters asking for widescreen releases of the films before it is too late. Even though I own the Columbia/Tri-Star DVDs (in widescreen 7 full) I really don't want to see rioting again; after what Disney has done with 2 of the Muppet films on DVD already and how people reacted; I hope we will be given an option.

T

timrikthegorf

Oh there better be wide screen. I can't believe MTI isn't in wide screen. There is no reason not to have the option on there. It really bugged me. Otherwise the extras and menu are pretty cool. Gonzo and Rizzo hosting the DVD is a great idea and i hope the same is done for the special edition, only with Fozzie, Kermit, and Gonzo in his plumber costume.