re-realese palisades figures

puppetguy

Reaction score
"So, assuming you really want all the muppet figures, you would have gotten them on ebay. "

You're right..that's assuming I wanted all of the exclusives. I didn't. I'd rather have new figures than a bunch of repaints. I've got one Gonzo..I don't need 13 others (that number is an exaggeration). The only set I was interested in was the Vaudeville Statler and Waldorf, which I did get through ebay. And again you're right, those are two of the best figures they have done. The rest of the regluar line I have gotten through EBGames. You make a good argument for joining the Collector's Club. And I'll consider it for next year when the entire line is exclusive.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you also get other Palisades products by being a member? That was my impression and one reason for not joining. I don't care about the rest of their product line. And it seemed I would have gotten figures that were unimportant to me with that $50. Why should I pay to be a member and get stuff I don't want?

You ask what I want from them. I want Palisades to easily connect the buyer with the merchandise they want. Simple as that.

Happy Thanksgiving, all.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I belong to the Palisades collectors club. I paid my 50 bucks and signed up at the Wizard World Philly Comic con in 2003. Is it cool? Yeah, I guess. Here's my personal pros (which far out way the cons) and cons.
Pros:
• The "Welcome Basket" filled with cool stuff (now of which you have somewhat of a choice and Palisades t-shirt.
• The option to get the new "Welcome Baskets" at $25 even though you're already a member.
• It's a lifetime membership
• The newsletter that gives you the inside about what Palisades is hoping to do in the upcoming year.
• Con exclusives available on the site when they're on sale at the con
• My friends who are Transformers fans can use my screen name when they're at my house to get the low down on them.
• The bit is pretty funny and has some great pictures
Cons:
• $50 fee.
• I find out about Muppet stuff in Toyfare before I do at Palisades... I really HATE that
• The availability of certain products isn't always real impressive.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
• The bit is pretty funny and has some great pictures
Actually, the Bit is available to anyone who visits the site.

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Actually, the Bit is available to anyone who visits the site.
yeh the bit isn pretty good.
oops i just sent you an e-mail asking if you were in america
I just found out you live in Jersey right!
oopsy :zany:

T

timrikthegorf

puppetguy said:
"So, assuming you really want all the muppet figures, you would have gotten them on ebay. "

You're right..that's assuming I wanted all of the exclusives. I didn't. I'd rather have new figures than a bunch of repaints. I've got one Gonzo..I don't need 13 others (that number is an exaggeration). The only set I was interested in was the Vaudeville Statler and Waldorf, which I did get through ebay. And again you're right, those are two of the best figures they have done. The rest of the regluar line I have gotten through EBGames. You make a good argument for joining the Collector's Club. And I'll consider it for next year when the entire line is exclusive.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you also get other Palisades products by being a member? That was my impression and one reason for not joining. I don't care about the rest of their product line. And it seemed I would have gotten figures that were unimportant to me with that $50. Why should I pay to be a member and get stuff I don't want?

You ask what I want from them. I want Palisades to easily connect the buyer with the merchandise they want. Simple as that.

Happy Thanksgiving, all.

Well if you don't want all the figure variants then why do you care? Only variants will be thorugh the club. And most of the figures are much more than reaits. Suer Beaker is an all new figure with no reused parts. Same for Adventure Kermit. Tux Gonzo is more than a reaint and has a newly sculted figure.

So, you are mad that you would ay 50 dollars to buy the figures you say you can't get otherwise even though the figures you wanted you got. You're just comlaining for no reason. If you don't want all the figures, why do you care that it's exensive to join the club? So far the only con exclsuives you can get in the club ARE variants like MTI Gonzo and TRizzo and Frog Scout Leader KErmit.

toybox

Reaction score
hey guys

New muppet toys and sesame street toys are out

Yoda Man

Reaction score
Maybe one day they'll find a factory with hoards of extra figures. There was a warehouse in Texas with tons of old Star Wars stuff and had sort of a garage sale outside.