Chuckie Question

HerryGrail

Reaction score
Does anyone know why Chuckie doesn't break apart like he was originally planned to do? I think his sculpt is fantastic, and I'm really pleased after months of anticipation, but I'm sorry to see him totally unarticulated except for his neck. Even his mouth, which looks like it can be opened and closed, can't be (as far as I can tell). He also can't be sat upon a shelf because of how one of his arms is sculpted. (Obviously, I bought the figure for Chuckie, not Fozzie. And again, I think the final result is still phenomenal.)

Another interesting thing is that the Fozzie photo used on the packaging is a regular one instead of one matching the figure.

Anyone have the scoop on Chuckie? Thanks!

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
HerryGrail said:
Does anyone know why Chuckie doesn't break apart like he was originally planned to do? I think his sculpt is fantastic, and I'm really pleased after months of anticipation, but I'm sorry to see him totally unarticulated except for his neck. Even his mouth, which looks like it can be opened and closed, can't be (as far as I can tell). He also can't be sat upon a shelf because of how one of his arms is sculpted. (Obviously, I bought the figure for Chuckie, not Fozzie. And again, I think the final result is still phenomenal.)

Another interesting thing is that the Fozzie photo used on the packaging is a regular one instead of one matching the figure.

Anyone have the scoop on Chuckie? Thanks!
oh yeah..
they were gonna make chuckie fall apart like in the show
sorry i don't know anything about this :frown:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'd like to say that he doesn't fall apart because it's a child safety issue being a small part they could swallow, but there are so many tiny accesories that a kid can swallow, so that's probably not it.

Realistically, it's probably too complicated a move and Chuckie is just an accessorie. For example, the robot gorilla head that came with Beaker's playset doesn't light up, nor do the lights on Animals drum platform. Chuckie is most likely meant only to be a solid accessory instead of a gag prop.

Finally, I just watched that sketch and I've always thought it looks like he wasn't actually supposed to fall apart, rather Frank just got a little too carried away and Chuckie got the hootsbah shaken from him. I may be wrong about that, but if anyone knows that story, I'd be interested to find out the truth.

And finally, thanks for noticing my hat Uncle deadly.

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
And finally, thanks for noticing my hat Uncle deadly.[/QUOTE]

heh heh! no problem :wink:

T

timrikthegorf

He was planned to have his hat, hair, and ears fall off in one piece (even though the ears never came off on the show) but due to expense that was dropped.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Hmmm....

I don't have mine yet, but I think with a little diligence and some steady exacto-usage, one could modify his/ her Chucky to do just that (fall apart). Maybe even 'pinning' the joints so you could attach them or something. I have to pick mine up this weekend (thanks for your patience, local comic shop!!!)

Anyway, I don't recommend you try this on your own unless you are an experienced modeller... Is that modellOr??? Who knows...

Anyway, good luck to you!

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
Cap Backfire said:
I don't have mine yet, but I think with a little diligence and some steady exacto-usage, one could modify his/ her Chucky to do just that (fall apart). Maybe even 'pinning' the joints so you could attach them or something. I have to pick mine up this weekend (thanks for your patience, local comic shop!!!)

Anyway, I don't recommend you try this on your own unless you are an experienced modeller... Is that modellOr??? Who knows...

Anyway, good luck to you!
I believe it is modeller!!!
Yup thats it. :crazy:

Beauregard

Reaction score
And usually when Action Figures fall apart people start complaining...

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
awww wots the song from the julie Andrews episode!?
Up on a hill.. was a lonely goat..sang?
then he yodels
um...yeh
anyhoo moving right along
hey thats also a muppet song
movin right along, were truly birds of a feather were in this tog...
oh sorry im gettin a bit carried away!!! :crazy: