My first Grover puppet!

psiomicron

Reaction score
Ah the eyes. I had to make 10 different pair of eyes to get it somewhat right. After reading these post had sanded down the edges to make it smoother and more round, so it is looking better. I didn't use felt for the eyes but hard foam so it is stiff but pliable if needed.

I added more pics to the site because I believe the last ones made him look like he had no neck (due to me not having my hand in him). :smile:

So here he is again (with my arm):

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/psiomicron/my_photos

T

timrikthegorf

Can I have it?

You could try using something roubd as a guide when cutting out the eyes. How did you make him? I recently had a craft store open up around the corner and I finally have a place to buy foam and fabric! I must try this.

pennyring

Reaction score
Totally great Grover! Good job!! I'm impressed. :smile: Your avatar rocks too! :big_grin:

psiomicron

Reaction score
Thanks again to everyone who liked him! :smile: How I went about making him. Well first I bought a big Styrofoam ball, 1 inch thick foam (that they use in old couches), fur - about 3 to 4 yards if it, would suggest more if you plan to make mistakes like I did :wink:. Stuffing, like the stuff you use for fake snow on Christmas, needle and thread, liquid nails glue *very important saves you a lot of trouble in hard to sew areas and felting. Felt black and red for the mouth. Now that you got that email me at psiomicron@yahoo.com for rough instructions how to put him all together, so I don't make a 2 page or more post! :big_grin: