What happened to the Burger King Kids Club?

salemfan

Reaction score
What happened to the Burger King Kids Club characters of I.Q., Kid Vid, Wheels, Lingo, Jaws, Boomer, Snaps, and J.D. that Burger King doesn't use them anymore?

gfarkwort

Reaction score
Its still around.....they just dont advertise as much.....all the same characters are used though

salemfan

Reaction score
Well, I haven't seen those characters on Burger King's website. Burger King basically replaced the old Kids Club with a Big Kids Club.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I myself miss wearing that BK crown,lol. To muffin the topic,I just found out that Waldenbooks cancelled their member club too.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Hey there's nothing stopping you from wearing a Burger King crown now! I'll put on one of those crowns now and for a brief moment I am King of all things Burger until the little brother who I stole the crown from snags it back!

Kids Club Kids? Bah, I was too old by then. And I so wanted a free ice cream on my birthday, too. I kind of remember a BK King guy who could do magic tricks. That was way way a long time ago, though. They have that old Burger King King in a new breakfast sandwich commercial that's kind of disturbing.

My memories are all from the old McDonald's playgrounds. The slides that would burn your rear end because they were so hot (before inside PlayPlaces of today), the hamburger merry go rounds that would make you toss up that Happy Meal you just ate. The Filet O Fish springy ride ons. The Mayor McCheese jungle gym cage thing that my friend got stuck in once. And a huge Apple Pie Tree sculpture. Kind of weird stuff if you think about it. My favorites were the Fry Guys. They rocked. They have Sonic the Hedgehog handheld mini-games in Happy Meals now. In MY Happy Meals we only got plastic helicopters that you had to put together yourself. And I remember when there were no Happy Meals at all! Wow!

--Klonoa

King Jim

Reaction score
My great-grandson was in one of those clubs.

salemfan

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
My memories are all from the old McDonald's playgrounds. The slides that would burn your rear end because they were so hot (before inside PlayPlaces of today), the hamburger merry go rounds that would make you toss up that Happy Meal you just ate. The Filet O Fish springy ride ons. The Mayor McCheese jungle gym cage thing that my friend got stuck in once. And a huge Apple Pie Tree sculpture. Kind of weird stuff if you think about it. My favorites were the Fry Guys. They rocked. They have Sonic the Hedgehog handheld mini-games in Happy Meals now. In MY Happy Meals we only got plastic helicopters that you had to put together yourself. And I remember when there were no Happy Meals at all! Wow!

--Klonoa
And you know what? There aren't that many McDonald's PlayPlaces anymore-there are few left today, at least in my area. Many of them have been torn down(probably because of lawsuits about kids playing and getting hurt).

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember before the Buger King Kid's Club. BK had a group of characters back in the early 80s. There was the Magical Burger King, the Duke of Doubt, Burger Thing, Sir Shake-a-lot, and the Wizard of Fries. Those were really fun commercials to watch.