Anyone miss The Electric Company?

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Between the Lions has good intentions, but it just doesn't have the same wit and class as The Electric Company.

I'm sorry if you were too young to grow up with this masterpiece.

Katzi428

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
Between the Lions has good intentions, but it just doesn't have the same wit and class as The Electric Company.

I'm sorry if you were too young to grow up with this masterpiece.
I grew up with The Electric Company.And yes...you're right Jeff...BTL doesn't have the same things that The Electric Company had

Katzi428

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
TEC actually did have a couple of puppets. There was a marionette of a chicken and Maurice, Pedro's rabid plant.
That's right ...they did.I forgot.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
They also had Paul the Gorilla, but he wasn't a puppet, but was sort of like their "version" of Big Bird.

Censored

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
They also had Paul the Gorilla, but he wasn't a puppet, but was sort of like their "version" of Big Bird.

Yes, he was usually in the skits with "Jennifer Of The Jungle."

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I've only seen clips of TEC on "I Love the 70's" on VH1. Even saw the opening credits.

You know,I was at Borders today and I was looking through some CD's in the "E" section and I came across one for a band called "Electric Company".

Reaction score
Hey You Guys!!!!!

The Electric Company ROCKED!!! I think it was aiming for a slightly older group of children when it was on. It taught mostly phonetics and grammar concepts whereby Sesame Street was merely teaching you the alphabet and numbers.

But the cast of the show - WOW!!!! You had Rita Morino, Bill Cosby and Morgan Freeman! Even Irene Cara was a member of the Short Circus for some time.

It was an invaluable tool for learning too.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I could very well be mistaken,but wasn't Stevie Wonder occasionally on The Electric Company as well?

HarveyK

Reaction score
Flashback

Was there a little skit where a girl with curly hair (think Nellie Olsen) was singing some weird song about her nephew Alphonso? Am I thinking of the right show?