Slimie goes to the moon

AmazingMumford

Reaction score
I remember it was for most of the season that Slimey was in Space, I remember the day he was launched and Herry, The Count, Snuffy, Telly, Big Bird, and Oscar where there to see him off. I remember the Spaceship wouldn't go and Snuffy ended up sneezing and the ship was sent on it's way. I also remember on it's way there whoever announced the Sponsors at the end would say, "And Slimey's Space Ship is still on it's way to the moon" and when it was coming back they'd say "and slimey's spaceship is still on its way back to Sesame Street" If it happened to be a rerun from Season 27, they would fade to black and the spaceship would be shown and a Marty Robbinson soundning voice would be saying it. Does anyone else remember this?

christyb

Reaction score
Yeah I remember now. Thanks that really rung a bell for me.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I wish they would re-air that whole part of it. Didn't they have that lady who played Moono as a NASA scientist testing slimey?:confused:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well yes and no, Barry.

The actress's name was Lynn Thigpenn, who unfortunately died a couple of years ago. She provided the voice for Luna on Bear in the Big Blue House, and also played the role of The Chief on the TV game show version of Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

BTW: To anyone who rully remembers the episodes from the storyline of Slimey to the Moon.
If you could, please provide the names and descripts of all worm astronauts, and the name of the chief officer portrayed by Lynn Thigpenn. This would be a great help to finalizing one of the business points for my Muppets Listing.
Thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon.

Purple

Reaction score
Do you know where I can downlod Slimie going to the moon?