Anyone like indie rock?

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Hi. Jest wonderin if any of you are are fans of indie rock. You know: Green Day, Relient K, etc.? I absolutely loooove Relient K!

yodaduff

Reaction score
Most of my favorite bands are not "big." Well, except the Beatles and Elvis. :wink: But I really enjoy (horribly obsessed with) Over The Rhine. I am a wee bit crazed over Five Iron Frenzy. And I do love Calibretto, Education Of Monkeys, and Showbread. (Lots of screaming. Good times.)

What indie rock are you into?

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I know I am into some of the indie punk rock especially Dropkick Murphys, Anti-Flag, Street Dogs and Flogging Molly. They are some great bands. I know part of what I really like about indie rock is that a lot of the bands' songs are actually about something as oppossed to a lot of pop songs just being about how hot somebody is or whatever.

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
janicegroupie said:
I know I am into some of the indie punk rock especially Dropkick Murphys, Anti-Flag, Street Dogs and Flogging Molly. They are some great bands. I know part of what I really like about indie rock is that a lot of the bands' songs are actually about something as oppossed to a lot of pop songs just being about how hot somebody is or whatever.
I will write a song and it will be like "I voted for Kerry because I agree with his views, but mostly because Edwards is hot..." to make everyone happy. (Not really.)

I'm not sure if you call me an indie fan, because I don't know really how you'd label my favourite bands. Except I do lub Flogging Molly.

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
Beakerfan said:
Hi. Jest wonderin if any of you are are fans of indie rock. You know: Green Day, Relient K, etc.? I absolutely loooove Relient K!
Green day and reliant K are pop punk not indie.
But I think realiant k kick butt!
are you christian?

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Dude! I am totally a Christian! I called Relient K indie rock cuz I've head em called that before. But, I'd say they are also pop punk. Have you ever been to their forum?

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
nope.
I havent been yet, I meant to get round to it.
Ill check it out know.
glad to see another christian on the board! :smile:

yodaduff

Reaction score
Yey for Jesus! Calibretto, Education, Showbread, and Over the Rhine are all Christian bands.
Have any of you been to Cornerstone festival? It is the coolest! My husband and I are youth pastors at a church/coffeehouse called Nu Brew. We take our youth group to Cornerstone instead of camp. This year wil be the yg's second year at c-stone! It will be my fourth year. It is an awesome time to see Christian bands, hear great speakers and have an amazing time of worship. Coolest part? You get to be surround by and camp with tons of Christian people. It's like heaven! :excited:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Uncle deadly said:
nope.
I havent been yet, I meant to get round to it.
Ill check it out know.
glad to see another christian on the board! :smile:
Yeah, it's pretty cool. Only thing is, suprisingly, there are quite a few non-Christians there. And, there aren't quite as many (or as enforced) rules as there are here. Which can lead to some pretty interesting topics & stuff. If ya ever visit, my username is "cartoonistgal".

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
yodaduff said:
Yey for Jesus! Calibretto, Education, Showbread, and Over the Rhine are all Christian bands.
Have any of you been to Cornerstone festival? It is the coolest! My husband and I are youth pastors at a church/coffeehouse called Nu Brew. We take our youth group to Cornerstone instead of camp. This year wil be the yg's second year at c-stone! It will be my fourth year. It is an awesome time to see Christian bands, hear great speakers and have an amazing time of worship. Coolest part? You get to be surround by and camp with tons of Christian people. It's like heaven! :excited:
Cool. :smile: