Ask Ken at Palisades

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
sgtfloydpepper
could somebody link me to the san diego snapshots of the updated prototypes...i've been scanning the pages for them and haven't been able to find it...i'd love to see the floyd mustache trim i have heard about, and any other changes for that matter...thanks

I think figures.com has them, but I am not totally sure.

Jimbo504
I just had an idea for maybe like a club exclusive benefit or something: being able to buy regular beaker without the lab for like the price of a regular figure. I have the lab playset with beaker and I love it, but I kinda want some beaker clones like in the copy machine skit. So what do ya think? I don't know if it is possible with producing it seperately form the lab and stuff, but it doesn't need like all the packaging, maybe just send him in a plastic bag sort of like invisible beaker.

Not a bad idea, but I'd hold off on doing anything like that because there are still playsets out there and I'd hate to cut into sales of that by offering Beaker individually. Besides, it could cheese people off who don't typically buy playsets but who are buying one because they like Beaker.

Travis
Now there's a question for the "Ask Ken" thread. *sigh* Maybe I will start a "Mock Ken at Palisades Thread." Or not. We shall see...

Might be funny...but the question really is, do you think you will be able to stay awake long enough to start that thread?

Squigiman
Oh, when reading about Lew's accessories, I noticed a "Kenneth" fish. Maybe my memory's bad, but I seem to remember the importance of "Connie Sue", I believe, but no Kenneth. Is this perhaps a slight reference to a certain geek-pleasing toyman?

The Kenneth name came from Henson. But there is a question about whether it is "Kevin" or "Kenneth". I don't think I will be able to find out in time, so it looks like Kenneth it is. I'll read your post back on 176 in a bit.

Gorgon Heap
Ken, I have a question- and this time I promise it will only be ONE question:
Now that Rizzo is moved up to Series 4, do you know what his accessories will be?

Not sure yet. Working on figuring that out now.

Crazy Harry These delays and scedual changes have confused me. Could you remind me what's planed for series 5?

Series 5 is actually not settled yet, so I can't really update you with it. Stay tuned and as soon as I know you will.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Aerosmith
Who typed the letter that came with the collectors club package? Cause who ever did spelled heard "herad". lol :stick_out_tongue:
LOL!!! You'd think Palisades would have quality typists, but noooooo!

hehehe

Slim

Reaction score
Good morning everyone! Nice to see Travis posting again. It's also nice to see him awake and at the office on time this morning! Haha! Hey...if anyone's curious about his nickname prior to Sleepy....go ahead and ask. I'd be more then willing to spill the beans. Ok, talk to everyone soon. Peace.

ronskimomo

Reaction score
Slim,
I think everybody would like to know Travis's nickname prior to sleepy.

Luke

Reaction score
Y'know with all these members of the Palisades staff joining the forum looks like Ken's got some competition around these parts.

Maybe we should do 'Palisades Idol' - each member of the company has to parade before us in a tube top singing, dancing, flashing their chests, and bribing the judges with free toys. The winner get to answer the daily phenomena of ritual abuse and interrogation that has come to be known as 'Ask Ken'

Jeez - that aint gonna be pretty ! :rolleyes:

Slim

Reaction score
Luke...funny, funny stuff! I'd watch out suggesting something like that...who knows what Ken or Travis might do now. :smile: But seriously... Ken is still the best person to go to with any questions concerning the line. He is the "Big Dawg" so to speak. Mike would also be a great person to go to...but I don't know how often he makes it to the boards. Travis knows ALOT about the Muppets...but it's hard to get answers from him due to the fact that he's usually at home sleeping! And me....I'm just a graphics guy (yes, a VERY TALENTED graphics guy), but I get all my info from Ken. So, go to Ken first for the best answers.

Now, about Travis aka Sleepy's original nickname... has everyone seen the prototype pics of series 3? Well...if you look at Scooter and then Travis...you'll notice something amazing....they look like the same person! Yes....Travis looks like Scooter. So, needless to say...one night at San Diego over dinner I bring this up and the name stuck. It was hilarious at the time...I guess it's one of those "have to be there" things. Or...you just have to know Travis.

Ok...back to work I go. Talk to ya'll later. Peace.

Luke

Reaction score
LOL - ok from now on Travis is known on the forum as Scooter !

Welcome to the forum by the way Slim. Your graphics work is very, very cool. It's good to have you here - and it has the added advantage that you can give Travis a kick whenever he falls asleep on the keyboard ! :big_grin:

Slim

Reaction score
Thanks Luke for the compliments. I try hard at what I do...I'm glad you like how it turns out. And yeah, not only do I design...I also make sure Scooter over there doesn't sleep the day away! Ha! Ok all, I'm heading out for the weekend. I'll see you guys later. Peace.

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by Slim
Thanks Luke for the compliments. I try hard at what I do...I'm glad you like how it turns out. And yeah, not only do I design...I also make sure Scooter over there doesn't sleep the day away! Ha! Ok all, I'm heading out for the weekend. I'll see you guys later. Peace.
I find something ironic about teasing someone about sleeping through the work hours and then taking off at... (ummm, quick math...11:30 pst plus mountain, central, eastern) 2:30 in the afternoon!
You crazy nuts!