David Bowie as Jareth Bust sculpture

jarethjunkie

Reaction score
ok.. constructive critisism... i know the hair is hard to do! (i cant even draw hair let alone sculpt it) but it just looks a little idy-bit... square.
But only on the left :smile:
i love you btw :flirt:

Laszlo

Reaction score
jarethjunkie said:
ok.. constructive critisism... i know the hair is hard to do! (i cant even draw hair let alone sculpt it) but it just looks a little idy-bit... square.
But only on the left :smile:
i love you btw :flirt:
Thanks for your suggestion! Yes, I know the hair isn't right yet... I'm still working on them.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Great work!

What's the plans on the hair color? Are you going to be able to get it to POOF up more up top at all? That would be hard work to do. This is AWESOME WORK!!! I wish I could do that.
Thank you!
The hair color will be different. I just haven't got any other clay color for the hair. :smile:

edible eye

Reaction score
Nice work so far! I, myself started a bust two years ago after buying two David Bowie life masks off ebay. The hair frustrated me so much he is now smushed into oblivian. Looking back, I think making a little wig for him would have been a better idea. It's hard to do his hair in clay since his hair was teased up so much and had all those long skinny strands hanging down all over the place.

maxdrive

Reaction score
laszlo are you going to leave the busts eyes white or are you going to add some color details to them

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
Wow and double WOW!!! The sculpture is just incredible! :flirt:
Absolutely gorgeous! woo hoo!!
You are very talented. I wish I was skilled in that area of art.
But my artistic talents don't go that far.
I love it!
:excited:

leliebel

Reaction score
Hair is really difficult, especially if you use anything else than real hair, and than it's still trying.

And the problem is that poofed up volumes hair is near impossible to sculpt. Have you tried sculpting some spikes?

But I love your work so far, I'm sure it will work out just fine.

Laszlo

Reaction score
maxdrive said:
laszlo are you going to leave the busts eyes white or are you going to add some color details to them
I'm just back from holidays... :smile: Thank you all for your nice comments! I'ts good to hear I'm on the right track.

Yes I'll paint the eyes, of course.
As for the hair I'm still expereimenting on them. I'll try to do them as good as possible.

Laszlo

Reaction score
I just finished his hair (finally!). Will post pix asap.