Favorite Fast Food Restaurant

That Announcer

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Living in the great city of Philadelphia, there are a ton of three types of fast food places all around: Pizza, Chinese Food, and Philly Cheese Steaks! I love a Philly cheese steak with raw onions and extra cheese and a side order of cheese french fries or onion rings.
Pat's or Geno's?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Pretty impressive you know about our two most popular cheesesteak places.
There are lots of other great cheesesteak places too. I'm not really too picky about my cheesesteak. As long as the bread is fresh, the meat is greasy, and the cheese is abundant (ALWAYS have to get EXTRA cheese on a cheesesteak!) I'm happy. :smile:
I like all kinds of cheeses but cheesewhiz on a cheesesteak is my favorite, which both Pat's and Geno's have but some of the others do not.
So to sum up, having an "authentic" Philly cheesesteak isn't important to me, just a delicious one!

That Announcer

Reaction score
This might sound crazy, but I'm a bit of a "sandwich expert." I have actually studied the history of the sandwich, read several books and watched the PBS special "Sandwiches That You Will Like" a few too many times.

I've been down to Philly a couple of times, and I think Pat's is the best by leaps and bounds. I too prefer Cheese Whiz.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wendy's for ever! I also love the Taco Bell chalupa supreme, but I have a coupple of questions for you in different regions.
1. What is Twin Kiss?
2. What is A&W?

That Announcer

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet:

A & W is an excellent fast food restaurant that has taken on two forms. Down in the States, it (at least from my experiences) serves primarily hot dogs and French fries, and is often titled "All-American Food." (Sam loves it!)

In Canada, they are one of our better fast food joints, serving excellent hamburgers and 'Whistle Dogs' (but, unfortunately, lackluster fries) and some of the best root beer anywhere. If you ever come here make sure to try it out.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
thatannouncer said:
This might sound crazy, but I'm a bit of a "sandwich expert." I have actually studied the history of the sandwich, read several books and watched the PBS special "Sandwiches That You Will Like" a few too many times.

I've been down to Philly a couple of times, and I think Pat's is the best by leaps and bounds. I too prefer Cheese Whiz.

PATS HAS THE BEST CHESSESTEAKS ANYWHERE

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Living in the great city of Philadelphia, there are a ton of three types of fast food places all around: . Problem is, the nearest Hardees to Philadelphia is about 2 hours away. (Perhaps that's why I love their food so much on the occasions I have it!) Interestingly, though, I recently heard a radio host say how tasty he thought their burgers were and since they are not in the local area he wanted to call a Hardees and have them air mail a burger to him! !

there is a Hardees in Delaware like 35 mins away from south philly

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
favorite fast food?
hm. let's start with what's in walking distance... culvers, kfc/ long john silvers, wendys, mcdonalds... go the other way there's burger king... and everything else is by the mall.
anyway, actual favorites:
wendys
mcdonalds
A&W (its only in the mall here but I LOVE those fries)
and um yeah that's aboutit. I think I'll go eat some krispy kreme now... got one of those to walk to too. although we already have some here. hey lookie I'm rambling again!

Tosh

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
But my favorite of them all is Hardees. Their burgers are so delicious. And I love the sourdough bread they come on.
Mmmm, I miss Hardees. There aren't any that I know of in AZ. The closest we come is Arby's, which is all right, but not the same.

I mostly like Blimpie for subs (the dough is usually fresher than Subway's), and I kind of like how they're combining so many of the fast food restaurants (like KFC/Taco Bell and Long John Silvers/A&W). That way I can get my tacos with cole slaw on the side, or fish with a root beer float (the best of both worlds :smile: )

I don't like Jack in the Box or Burger King, but Wendy's is pretty good (especially the mandarin oranges you can get instead of fries). McDonald's is good every now and then; my mom always gets french fries and a Coke from there to help her migraines. I don't like Taco Bell, but Del Taco is all right. That's all I can think of for now...