Ever dream of meeting a performer?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I thought it would be neat to just have a dedicated thread to the topic of dreams regarding performers of Muppets, etc.

This may seem a bit overly obsessive about my fanaticism regarding the Muppets and their performers, but I had a dream last night in which I had on a home-made Jim Muppet and was performing through a screen door to Jerry Nelson who was using various puppets to respond with. It seemed like a lot of fun, and I remember dreaming I was laughing, but then my stupid alarm went off and I was back in the land of reality. BLAH!

I have NO idea what made me dream such a thing as this. Last time I dreamed about any performer it was a dream about Jim Henson performing (my character) Muley the Mule for me, and the whole time Muley was upset that he couldn't meet Kermit. Go figure.

The silly thing is, that in both of those dreams nothing was revealed to me that was by any means inspirational, except the fact that I was finally meeting someone I really wish to hang out with for a while.

Off topic: I did dream once about Charles Schulz after he died, and the dream was as I opened a Peanuts book a bright light shone out of the pages and there was Sparky who said, "Remember the good times." It happened at a time when I was putting Muley comics on Rock 103's website and had to up the humor to more inuendo and that was stretching from where I wanted the comics to go. I suddenly realized that the message for me was that I needed to remember what made me love comic strips in the first place, the humor I wanted Muley and Friends to portray, and so I began doing my comics based on that original design of humor.

Have you ever had such a dream in which you met a performer? Was it inspirational? Did it make you realize something you had forgotten?

Kev

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Just last night (or possibly this morning) I had a dream that I was trying very hard to get my wife to appreciate the fine art of puppetry based on the performances of Jim Henson, and apparently Jerry Nelson and Steve Whitmire, even though I was showing her an episode of Sesame Street. I specifically wanted her to see a Guy Smiley sketch (I think this is because I read a piece in "Jim Henson The Works" where someone said they thought that Guy was Jim's funniest character, and Guy Smiley just happens to be my favorite SS character). So Guy Smiley came onscreen and immediately introduced the guest Salvador Dada, who was being performed by Jerry Nelson. A third whatnot Muppet appeared and was being operated by Steve Whitmire. I was pointing out to my wife how the performers stay out of view just as the camera pulled back to reveal all three performers.

I am not sure what it all means. I have recently been video recording myself with Sosqo, my gibbon puppet, and trying out various voices with him. I'm experimenting with ventriloquism and interacting with Sosqo to see how he can best be utilized in front of an audience (especially children). All I can gather is that with this in my skull and my love for Jim Henson's work, it all just added up to a very funny dream.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I've had several dreams where a free standing Kermit has helped me find something, I had a dream where I went looking for Jim, and I had a dream where I met Frank and he yelled at me when I told him how much I loved his work with the Muppets. He screamed that they held him back and it was "idiots" like me who kept bringing him down. So I told him how much I loved "What About Bob", "In and Out" and "The Score" (even though I lied about that last one). He was still mad and pushed me aside in a huff. I was crushed.

radio boy

Reaction score
I had a dream last night. That i met brian henson and he told me to open up a giant display room Here in Australia. Where They gave me set's,Props, A copy of every muppet to put in display cabnets to put on Display. They even gave me the Bus from The muppet movie and a giant Screening room with agiant projection screen full of every piece of Henson media. I had set up a muppetfest type of tour every year. When the whole henson family, Every performers past and present and every muppet central member traveled across the world for a weekend tour, Even strangely i enougth jim henson was there in person.

How weird is that!!!! :smile:

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
I have had many with muppet performers in them, the one that I can remember now had both Jim Henson and Brian Henson in it. For some reason I was giving a yard sale and Jim Henson kept going on and on about my friend Dana who just got accepted to UConn(one of the best art schools in the US that offers a puppetry class)..and Brian Henson never said a word. It made me see that even though I have said to myself that I wasn't jealous my dream proved that I was. It made me come to the realization that I need to be happy where I am at and just continue to work hard. That was nearly a year ago since I have had the dream.

Rugby

Reaction score
Isn't it weird how most of us have dreams of meeting Jim Henson, even though it's been 14 years since he passed away? I also always have dreams about my grandma and grandpa, even though they've been gone for quite some time. I always believe that they are really and truly alive when I dream of them and totally forget that they passed away. I always have Jim Henson dreams. I never got to meet him, but the company finally sent me a real autographed 8x10 of Jim when I was 16. I guess it was finally my turn on the waiting list after countless requests to the official muppet fan club.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Speking of strange

:concern: I had all kinds of strange but nice dreams about Jim the year he died. I was sure at the time it was him visiting me in sprit. Now that I think back maybe it was beecause I was so into him I mean I was thinking of him night and day non stop during that year that maybe I inpreganted his image in my head that I saw him in my sleep. lol I remeber one night auctally seeing him at the foot of my bed just standing there. I wasn't scared or anything not even sure if I said anything to him or not. I wanted to meet him so much. I was really hurt when I found out he passed away I mean I was in tears for months. I was sure he came to see me in sprit just to be sure I saw him, and in a way it did give me a sence of peace knowing I finally met the person I adored for years. and the one who inspaired me to become a puppeteer.
On a lighter note after he died it might even had been the night I don't remeber. I was imbarassed to take my cloths off even when I was in the bathroom in total privacy just incase Jim was watching. lol I told my mum this and she said. You don't thave anything that he hasn't seen before, and it made me feel less imbarassed. :embarrassed: :smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I've had a dream that I met Jim Henson when they were filming a movie, I remember being surprised that he was alive and I wasnt supposed to know he was. In the dream he never really died, it was all a coverup. They had a secret workshop where Jim showed me all kinds of strange muppet things. It was a strange and vague dream.

Also, Radioboy, that muppetfest in Australia you dreamt about. I'm hoping that one day in the not too distant future that we will have a mini muppet event here in Australia, it won't be as big as muppetfest but a mini muppetfest or gettogether would be great. Its a dream of mine.