The Next Muppet Movie?

muppet maniac

Reaction score
http://www.scriptsales.com/ArchivesMar99.html

According to that site, it said there's another Muppet movie in the works.

Anyway, here's what it says:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title: The Next Muppet Movie
Log Line: Story follows Kermit the Frog as he tries to save "The Muppet Show" from an evil Hollywood Agent who is trying to disassemble the Muppet crew by convincing them to seek out individual acting careers. Gonzo is the first Muppet to leave, as he takes over the James Bond role from Pierce Brosnan.
Writer: Brian Lynch
Agent: Endeavor
Studio: Jim Henson Pictures
Price: Low-six figures
Genre: Comedy
Logged: 3/10/99
More: Spec script that was submitted to Jim Henson as a writing sample.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
This says it is from March 1999, perhaps this film fell through or even developed into "A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie"

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Dang. It does say 1999. I was really excited for a second. That script sounded really cool too. Oh well lets just keep hoping for other new muppet movies.

rexcrk

Reaction score
That sounds somewhat similar to "It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie"

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I'm stil waiting for "The Electric Mayhem: The Begining" where the story tells the history of the band. But I don't think it will ever happen since the Electric Mayhem is barely seen on screen these days.

ryan

MrMoth

Reaction score
You know what I would absolutely LOVE!?
A Muppets Movie Directed by Joss Whedon! OK, written by Joss would be divine too, but hey, I dont wanna be greedy!
I just think Joss would get the Muppets, and Ive often though "hmm, a good director would've made this better".
So, yeah.

Tera

Reaction score
I don't have a big opinion on directors, but I'd there are quite a few actors I'd like to see them work with. I think Cameron Diaz would work well with them. She's can project sweetness while being so off-kilter and adult. (If you don't believe me, see The Sweetest Thing).

I'd also love to see the Muppets do a super hero genre film. It's a popular genre, and it would give Muppet Labs a chance to shine.