Anything Muppet Witches make chicken soup (1975)

Dantecat

Reaction score
(1)What just happens in this skit?

(2)Where did it take place at?

(3)How is it?

(4)If ending music is on there,How does it go?

4 Questions Please! :wink:

And Another thing Boober Gorg,The only time I just ask about these muppet skits about;What happens,How is it,Etc. is because they seem really interesting and I have never never never seen them at all but your tape trading website which I may like to see sometimes of yours and maybe tape together soon when you're ready! Okay? All Right! Thank you! :mad:

:wink:

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
(1)What just happens in this skit?

(2)Where did it take place at?

(3)How is it?

(4)If ending music is on there,How does it go?

4 Questions Please! :wink:

And Another thing Boober Gorg,The only time I just ask about these muppet skits about;What happens,How is it,Etc. is because they seem really interesting and I have never never never seen them at all but your tape trading website which I may like to see sometimes of yours and maybe tape together soon when you're ready! Okay? All Right! Thank you! :mad:

:wink:
1) Three AM witches (lavender, green, and blue) cooperate to make chicken soup.

2) The cave.

3) Great.

4) I'm not really sure if there's an ending music on there.

Xerus

Reaction score
Here's what I remember from that skit for I've seen it many times when I was a kid.

The music was kind of creepy with some kind of horn playing. And it took place in a cave, like the one Ernie is in whenever he played the Caveman King. Three witches come in and they wanted to use their magic items to make something they really wanted.

The purple witch (Jerry Nelson) was going to use her magic fire to do the trick. She went over to her campfire and said a magic spell. A puff of smoke appeared, but no magic happened.

Then the blue witch (Jim Henson) was going to use her magic kettle of water to get what they wanted. She said a spell and another puff of smoke happened and no magic again.

Then the green witch (Richard Hunt) was going to use her magic chicken, which was a rubber chicken she was holding. And she recited her spell, a puff of smoke and no magic happened again.

The witches couldn't figure out why their spells weren't working. Then the blue witch suggested they cooperate and combine their items. So the blue witch put her kettle of water on the magic fire and the green witch threw her magic chicken into the kettle. Then all 3 witches recited a spell together. Puff of smoke happened once more and they finally got what they all wanted. "CHICKEN SOUP!" and it ended with the blue witch feeding herself and the other two witches with a wooden spoon.

HarveyK

Reaction score
Wasn't it somehow poking fun at Shakespeare's Macbeth?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Chicken soup for the witches' soul

I loved that one, especially the pyrotechnics involved (Jim loved using smoke bombs like this). After each witch cast their spell, a little charge went off, a little flash, and a little puff of smoke. Then at the end, when they all cooperated, the fun really starts.

"Watch the witches cooperate, and give us something REEEAAAALLYY great!"
Then they set off a HUGE charge, huge blinding flash, and a ton of smoke.
looks great on the screen, and the witches are delighted their cooperation works, they get their soup, and all is happy.

Lavender witch, at the end: "Too bad we don't know a witch with some noodles!" :smile:

MrMoth

Reaction score
It seems fabulously multi-layered Henson moment to me!

Spirit of co-operation (makes it happen!),
spooky witches, and yes, very Macbeth reminiscent (because where are you gunna get better archetypal witches!?)
and very practical/earthy. Chicken soup! Mmmm (although personally, I'ld prefer vegetable soup!)

Personally, I would like to take away form this skit a feeling of co-operation, that the streotype of 'witches' isnt all scary 'Macbeth' senarios, but perhaps earthy, healing and delicious chicken soup vibe-ie.
Oh, and a healthy dose of 'wasnt that FUN!!' :smile: :wink: