What will Disney do with Muppet Babies?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This is a question i have been really asking myself for the last few days. What is going to be done with the Muppet Babies? We can kind of see where Sesame Street, the Classic Muppets and even Fragle Rock are going. They have Dvd's and their shows and movies are hitting main stream somewhat again. But what about Muppet Babies? Really what if anything do we really know about what is going to come of them.

maxdrive

Reaction score
yeah muppet babies could fit on playhouse disney i would also like to see them bakc on saterday monrings as well remeber back int he day where they would show an hour od muppet babys ever saterday

King Jim

Reaction score
I wonder. Maybe they will put the Complete first season on dvd. I hope.

Luke

Reaction score
Henson were developing a new CGI "Muppet Babies" style show. That's not to say it will happen under Disney, but there have been tests for it. The promotional push for Muppet Babies merchandise based on the old cartoon didn't go down all that well last year, the retro market was very crowded already with more popular properties although it may have lost a lot of momentum what with all the Disney sale business going down. I doubt you'll see much based on the "Babies" until they have the Classic Muppets more established first.

maxdrive

Reaction score
one reason i think the toys didnt sell as good was because kids would not have known about the series if they had a new series or pushed the old series on dysney before putting out the toy line it would have done better.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
I don't think they will probably put it back on the air. Cartoon Network are already showing baby looney toons which is very similar. It doesn't seem like it would fit nowadays in the line up of Disney. Does anyone know why Bear was switched to nearly 6am in the morning?

T

timrikthegorf

I've seen baby Looney Tunes. It's not like Muppet Babies. I think Muppet Babies would fit during the morning on that Play House disney thing.

Tera

Reaction score
I just don't think MB tests well. It's a bit like Captain Planet - great mesage, good talent, and parents are happy to let their kids watch it...but children just aren't interested. I admit, this is only from experience with about 5 families worth of kids (I have some tapes and loaned them out) but none of the kids liked it. Even those who knew the Muppets well were bored.

That's why I think it's likely to have a small toy line, but not end up on the air much. I'm not saying that's a good thing, but it's my bet.