"We are Family Music Video" on GMA

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
So I'm guessing John Kennedy did Dr. Teeth then? Not to critique Kennedy but he was way off voice base with the good doctor. Although I was glad that he was there and said some stuff, and so did Floyd. Even Zoot was present.

The video was great though.

ryan

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
Wow, I'd heard about the whole Spongebob-anger-homosexuality link. It's made me pretty mad. That's why I have no faith, it's a church that says:

"Oh yes, let's all be nice to people of all races and religions"
"What about those homosexuals?"
"Oh no, no need for that."

Makes me just a little bit sick.

On the plus side (or rather, not on the plus side) I bet DisneysMuppet would have liked to have seen it, if it links Barney with the Muppets.
Good grief- lighten up, me!! Anyway, I couldnt download it due to technical stupid faults on my computer (grr!) but I like very much the Muppets, Sesame Street and Bear in the same thing. V cool. Don't really like Spongebob, think it's all a bit over-rated, so I'm not too chuffed with him or Jimmy Neutron. Who else is in it?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
The reason the church isn't "nice" to homosexuals is because to the church it's a sin. To the church it's like stealing or murder. I don't see why it is, but to them it is.
It is not in all "churches" or denominations that think it is a sin. The Christian denomination I belong to does not condemn or look down on homosexuality.

ryhoyarbie said:
So I'm guessing John Kennedy did Dr. Teeth then? Not to critique Kennedy but he was way off voice base with the good doctor.
I think it was John, and the voice is off; but I was still happy to see the Doctor there. I could tell it was not Jim's Dr, but being it is not an easy voice to copy I'm glad they didn't give up on the character and that he was encluded. Overall the video is well done, especially the Muppet, Sesame, and Bear parts.

BTW- I like spongebob, I don't think he's trying to push an agenda; and I'll still support him no matter what lifestyle he lives...even though he's a cartoon character with no independent life off screen.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
That was a great video--I'd heard of it long ago, but I never saw it until now. As for the controversy, I think that any foundation that promotes respect among all people is a good thing... There's much more I could say, but I'd just be ranting...

AruggeRadio

Reaction score
The only thing i found bizarre about that peace was having Big Bird and Barney dancing next to each other. I'm sorry but that just ain't right, what next Barney coming over to Birds nest for a sleepover?

Also was a bit strange seeing the puppets from other PBS Kids shows interacting with the muppets but not as bad as Barney. Dose anyone know if that Lion show uses any former muppeters? I know Crank Yankers uses a few people that have worked or still work with the muppets so it wouldn't surprise me.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Could someone trasnfer it to Windows Midea Player? My mom doesn't like me downloading stuff (that where the realplayer comes in) so could someone help me please?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I finally just saw that music video and I really like it. Seeing Dr. Teeth with a voice again sure feels good!! I like the mix of all the different characters: Big Bird and Barney, and hearing Hoots again. Is Hoots the Owl back on Sesame Street again??

Dantecat

Reaction score
Yes Kevin! He did come back on 2 episodes this year which were just skits on #4060 and #4066.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
It's due to deliver to schools around the country in March, and they filmed it last year.

Right now, though, there's a huge mix-up in the media and Christian organizations are pin-pointing the video, Spongebob Squarepants in particular, stating that the video promotes acceptance of homosexuality. The problem arose when the AP opened the wrong website (www.wearefamily.org) rather than the actual one which is www.wearefamilyfoundation.org. the Foundation site promotes the video and people accepting people regardless of race, religion, etc. The first site, without the "foundation" in the title, is the site that promotes acceptance gay/lesbian/crossgender lifestyles.
Hoo boy... and you know what else? The video's pretty much a few years old, so not only are they judgemental morons, but they're slow on the uptake as well!

I'd like to get into a whole big thing about the obvious hypocracy in Right Wing Christianity and all, but I won't! Let's say I'm hideously angry that they're slamming the hammer on an organization that's trying to promote raial ethical etc. tollerance and leave it at that.

Besides! Spongebob isn't gay... he obviously has a thing for that Squirrel girl!

But the best part of the video? Though not all together, they have SS and TMS Muppets in the same project! Something not seen in YEARS! Plus it had my Namesake, Dr.Teeth in it, so that's pretty cool!