Muppet reality pilot taped last summer

Camellia

Reaction score
Muppet "reality show" rumors...

hi, hard to tell what's going on but the general plot of Muppets interviewing prospective puppeteers, whether it is real or fake is BORING.

I'd rather see an educational show on what is behind the scenes, tips, tricks, interview puppeteers, show sets, filming techniques, etc. lots more interesting than some fakey parody of a dumb tv fad of "reality" tv.

Camellia :smile:

DisturbedKiwi

Reaction score

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
This thread seemed to die out pretty quickly. Has anyone else heard anything on this project? Are they planning on airing it? Any information would be great.

Thog

Reaction score
I think what they saw being filmed was a scene for Muppets Wizard of Oz. Dorothy goes on Muppet Idol or something like that. You can see it in the trailer for the movie.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
awww....dang. I was kind of excited about that. Well here is hoping for more muppet productions after Wizard of Oz. There having this movie on a saturday night and basing future expectations on its ratings? I always thought saturday night was a pretty low ratings night anyway. I hope they take that into consideration. I know I won't be making any plans for that night. I'm unplugging the phone. :smile:

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
muppetsforlife said:
This thread seemed to die out pretty quickly. Has anyone else heard anything on this project? Are they planning on airing it? Any information would be great.
they will not air what was filmed. it was a "pitch pilot" that was filmed over two days in la last summer to try and get a network interested in it. if there is interest, then they'd start a whole new production.

jf

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Thog said:
I think what they saw being filmed was a scene for Muppets Wizard of Oz. Dorothy goes on Muppet Idol or something like that. You can see it in the trailer for the movie.
This is something diffrent, it is not part of "Oz". It was filmed last summer around the time of the "Oz" production as a kind of demo of an idea for a TV-special, if Disney likes it they would pick-it up and make a full special out of it.

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Thog said:
This is off the subject, but what is your quote from? The Boober "whats a Jim Henson?"

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
well I sure hope they decide to pick it up. I know a lot of people were critical of the idea but I thought it sounded kind of cool myself.