Rowlf's Hands

ArtVandelay

Reaction score
When Rowlf played the piano, who performed his hands while Jim did his head? :sympathy:

Whatever

Reaction score
Steve Whitmire. He said it's fun for someone who can only play a little, because they can make it look good.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Originally Frank did the hands back when they had they're spot on the Jimmy Dean show. When did Steve join TMS, I mean, by what season?

Xerus

Reaction score
I've heard that Louise Gold did Rowlf's hands from time to time as well.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I've heard that Louise Gold did Rowlf's hands from time to time as well.
True, but I think that was mainly in the Vets Hospital skits wasn't it? She was also Jim's assistant puppeteer on TMS for a few other two-man live hands puppets, notably the Newsreader, and Link Hogthrob - there's a couple of descriptions in the book OM&M, for a start.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Was it Steve then who can play piano? Cause I read an interveiw once where the person who did Rowlf's hands was saying he could get by on piano, which was why he got to do the hands. Because it made Rowlf look more like he was really playing.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I always believed that whoever did Rowlf's hands from TMS on had to have some knowledge of the piano. I play a very little bit, and Rowlf, or at least his hands, really seem to know what they're doing.

SammieRose

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Originally Frank did the hands back when they had they're spot on the Jimmy Dean show. When did Steve join TMS, I mean, by what season?
Steve's first day was in March of 1978, according to his interview here at MC.