Ask Ken at Palisades

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Got another look at the Series 3 pics, and still have the same qualms.

At first I thought Rowlf's face was too light, then I realized it's not the color, it's that the face looks like it extends too far. Not the face, just the head.

Scooter's head looks, and this may sound weird, too tall. His glasses seem far away from the bottom of his head, farther than the actual. Looks like someone stretched his head a little vertically.

Zoot's glasses appeared to me to be crooked, cast in a downward position that makes him look droopy and sad. I thought perhaps it was just the photograph, but I'm thinking that less and less having seen other photos. The real Zoot's sunglasses have a straight rim, giving him an ambiguous expression.

My question to you, Ken, is what specifically do you know is going to change on the series 3 prototypes before they become figs (i.e. any of the above)?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

gringo

Reaction score
Ken,

Did you get my request for my email change?

My name is Mark Willstrop. Thanks

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Ken,

Originally posted by Gorgon Heap

Zoot's glasses appeared to me to be crooked, cast in a downward position that makes him look droopy and sad. I thought perhaps it was just the photograph, but I'm thinking that less and less having seen other photos. The real Zoot's sunglasses have a straight rim, giving him an ambiguous expression.

I also noticed this, I think that Zoots rim of his glasses should be dark and more straight, I used the exact words 'Droopy' and 'Sad'.

See ya

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
As far as I know, non of the things you mentioned will be changing in the tooling models. I know some have suggested they are off model, but even that is perception. I have a ton of reference that both refutes and supports each argument I hear. That's the real difficulty of this line...them Muppets change a lot from puppet to puppet. Makes it real difficult to have a "definitive" likeness.

In fact, they don't exist at all, did you know that? I have asked for a definitive pic before and am told that they're aren't any...that we sort of need to go with the flow and try to come up with an amalgam of a bunch of different pics.

So while the scooter glasses comment I can do something about, or Lew's skin color or shoddy workmanship on the sculpt itself, since they can be measured failry accurately, the shape or feel of something is harder to prove and therefore, argue with the licensor.

Hopefully you will dig them more when you can see them in person. I will say that anyone who has usually has said that the pictures did them no justive at all. I'll leave it up to you to decide if we blew it when you see them.

Jimbo504

Reaction score
Well Ken, I personally think you guys did a fine job and will be buying all of them, my financial situation permiting of course. I am a bit disappointed about the rowlf thing, but I completely understand why you had to do it, and I will still probably get tux rowlf. plus that piano does look amazing judging from the prototype pic sent out with the club form. Scooter was never one of my favorite characters (please don't hurt me!), but he does look great and I am going to buy him. Lew, honestly, I didn't know who he was. I was too young to remember the more obscure characters, but now that I have gone back and watched some old muppet stuff, I realize just how great of a character he is. to me he is a must buy. Of course the Swedish Chef is a must buy a well. Great job on him guys. Now, I have to say, out of all the figures in series three, I like Zoot the best. He just has so much style to him, I don't know how to describe it. I really like the bell bottoms and the sandals. I think he is really well done. Honestly, Ken and the guys at Palisades, my only complaint is the delay of regular rowlf and I completely understand why, so keep up the good work!!:big_grin:

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before, I just didn't feel like reading through the past 185 pages :wink:

Are there any possibilities of having a Disney exclusive figure? Something for Muppet Vision 3-D. Since the line started, I thought it would be fun to get a Rizzo with Mickey Mouse ears, or something along that line.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by BigDumbWookiee
Are there any possibilities of having a Disney exclusive figure?
Give it six months and they'll all be !!!! :big_grin:

Luke
(ok, so it's a bad taste joke for a Henson site)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, Ken, it sounds as if you're moving ahead with work on series 4 and 5 what with all the shuffles of who'll be in those respective lineups, not to mention progress on Planet Koozbane's playset. I was wondering, Beauregard only comes with a mop and bucket right? Well if there's no base included in the packaging thus freeing up some space inside the bubble, would it be feasible for Beauregard to come with his harmonica as well? If the variant figure with tools is released, would there be space for the harmonica if it's not included in the regular version? I always think of Beauregard playing his harmonica and being more of a handyman than a janitor. Are there plans to make the playset figures available as individual figures through some special deal like the collector's club or on your website? Anyway, you're doing a great job with this figure line, and thanks for bringing back so many memories to life.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke

Give it six months and they'll all be !!!! :big_grin:

Luke
(ok, so it's a bad taste joke for a Henson site)
well, if it makes you feel any better, *I* laughed