Mahna Mahna on Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper commercial

Xela

Reaction score
Ahh! That is so cool! I finally saw it...online.

Of course, all my friends have seen it a million times, but I have yet to see it on television...

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
*hysterical laughter* I just saw this commercial on Lifetime.
Oh dear, I laughed so hard, I cried. *ouch my sides* :sing:

What a hoot! I wasn't expecting that at all. hee hee...
They like pour the drink and the guy starts singing 'Mahna Mahna'.
Wow, that is the best commercial I've seen in long time. Gotta love it.
:big_grin:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I FINALLY saw this commercial. It is actually quite funny! I also finally saw the Muppets Pizza Hut commercial. They were played almost right in a row on Lifetime tonight. I was so excited I stopped talking in midconversation to my mom!

mupitz

Reaction score
Hey there. I believe that Mahna Mahna has appeared in some form on Sam & Friends, Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight and may have been on Sesame Street once as I beleive I saw it listed on a SS album. But I'm not sure about the last one. I bought my daughter "Music, Mayhem and More" for Christmas (she just turne done and I have to share my muppetness with her) and Mahna Mahna is the second track.

I don't remember who said it but I agree, Jim is turning. I hate that Disney has turned my beloved muppets and their music into advertising whores. Sorry if that sounds strong, but I feel strongly about it. Do I love seeing more of them, of course, but all the pizza hut commercials, DOVE, Dr. Pepper and VHI (doing Sing A Song as a montage including Eminem and other artists). It's not what I thought the Muppets were about. But that's just me.

christyb

Reaction score
That's where the Muppets started out though. Doing commercials. There's Wilkins Coffee and the LaChoy dragon and the list goes on and on.

mupitz

Reaction score
Yeah and they are some classic commercials. But it's not selling out when you haven't even made it yet, kwim? You don't see Disney using Mickey Mouse or Goofy to promote sneakers or shampoo. I get that they are trying to increase exposure but is that really the way?

christyb

Reaction score
Not the way we would like. But, alas the way they are choosing.

christyb

Reaction score
Thanks. Found it by typing "Kermit" into Google. It's actually a long-distance phone card. I just cropped off the bottom half. It's an unusal picture I think. At least I had never seen it before.