Muppet Listings 15.0

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Question... Is "A Magical Halloween Adventure" the same source from which the entry for the Ghost listed as coming from Elmo Says Boo is from? In other words is A Magical Halloween Adventure and Elmo Says Boo the same special? If so, which is the actual official title of this special?
Thanks.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
The Count said:
Question... Is "A Magical Halloween Adventure" the same source from which the entry for the Ghost listed as coming from Elmo Says Boo is from? In other words is A Magical Halloween Adventure and Elmo Says Boo the same special? If so, which is the actual official title of this special?
Thanks.
No it's not the same special. A Magical Halloween adventure was released last year and Elmo says boo is from the late 90's.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Here are some changes:

The Waterville Fruit Stand Mink should be changed to Waterville Fruit Stand Woodchuck.

The Piano Player Possum should be changed to Piano Player Muskrat.

As for Harvey and Charlie, they aren't woodchucks. Harvey is a beaver and Charlie is a muskrat.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Except for the one exception I mentioned above, everything else's been changed and corrected and added to give us a total of 3048. Talk to you guys later, leaving for a day on campus soon.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
More Changes:

Aunt Melba's Gurnsey Cotillion should be changed to Aunt Melba's Guernsey Cotillion.
The Octopusses should be changed to The Octopuses.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, hoping that MuppetDude and my other trusted sources are out there and reading now. Got a list of characters from Muppets Magic from JaniceFerSure, a trusted friend from here on the forums. Wanted to check that the names for the characters are correct before adding them to the list. Here's what I got from her, any help is welcome.

Amanda: old looking woman with moppity hair.
Amanda's Friends: 2 friends.
Business Business Creatures: 2 have lightbulbs on their heads,one has rolling eyes,and another has a white flower on top of its head.
Christmas Reindeer: names are Charlie/Dasher,Dancer,Prancer,Doner,Blitzen.
Conrad Love: early Guy Smiley.
The Glutton: fat/short Muppet eats a lot.
Grump
Muppet Violinists or Whatnot MuppetsViolinists.
Rock 'n' Roll Monster: 3-headed monster,one plays drum,one plays guitar,one plays bass.
Sclrap-Flyapp Creatures: one looks like Hugga-Wugga,one is skinny with lights on its head,and the last has eyes that move sideways.
Southern Colonel: changes his face.

Are the following different from the ones already listed, thus meritous of separate entries?
If so, please provide a descript as to why they should be counted twice, or left as is in the list so far.
Sea-Diver from the song Octopus's Garden.
Clam from the song Octopus's Garden.
Baby Monster
Splurge

Also, should Father Monster (Fred the Dragon) be counted?
Please post ASAP with your thoughts, and I'll make any necessary additions to the list.
Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Amanda: old looking woman with moppity hair.

She appears in a sketch where she decides to beautify herself. She's a purplish-pink puppet with a mop for hair, a pink balloon nose (that can inflate and deflate), black eyes, a Bunsen-like mouth, and a white dress.

Amanda's Friends: 2 friends.

Two characters who enter the sketch and say "Amanda is not spectacularly beautiful". They probably shouldn't be counted; one was from Sam and Friends and later used for "Tales of the Tinkerdee" as the Prime Minister; the other was a spokesman for La Choy Chow Mein; a yellowish balding man with a green suit and glasses.

Business Business Creatures: 2 have lightbulbs on their heads,one has rolling eyes,and another has a white flower on top of its head.

There are a total of four characters during the sketch. Two are the Business Creatures, who speak in random financial terms. One has a pipe-shaped body with a ring of purple fur around his neck. He has a furry dark blue head, bulgy eyes, a drawbridge-like mouth (as does the other business creature), and a patch of white fur on his head that pops up to the tune of a cash register.

The second Business creature is green with bulgy eyes, but surrounded by green fur (to match the rest of his head). He has the same body as the other one. His eyes are able to move up and down very quickly like slot machines.

The other two are the Peaceful Creatures, and look exactly alike with one exception; one is orange while the other is purple. They have pipe-shaped bodies with a ring of orange fur around their neck, bulgy eyes, and a lightbulb at the top of their head.

Christmas Reindeer: names are Charlie/Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Donder, Blitzen.

Basically five Muppet reindeer with a few differences in construction (Prancer looks more like a sleepy Great Dane, for example.). I don't know if they should be included with Ed Sullivan; they made their debut on a Perry Como special (where one reindeer was most likely named Charlie).

Conrad Love: early Guy Smiley.

Looked like Guy in a green suit, but had eyebrows over half of his eyes, and wore a derby. (NOTE: Addition to the Muppet Commercial listing: this puppet was also used for an FHA commercial, where he worked for the FHA, but he had more surprised eyes.)

The Glutton: fat/short Muppet eats a lot.

He wore a blue suit, and had a short tuft of gray hair. A year later he would be reused for Farmer Lardpork for the "Bremen" special.

Grump

You might want to consider a new category: Muppet Meeting Films. Over the past 40 years these films were made, and several starred Leo and Grump. Though he appeared in other shows and specials, he is probably most associated with the MMFs (he may have got his name from one of them).

Muppet Violinists or Whatnot Muppets Violinists.

I've never seen the sketch, but one of them is Grump. Another would later be converted into Zelda Rose (but for the sketch had balding black hair. The other was blue with a green nose, balding black hair, and sleepy eyes. I guess they would be considered Whatnots. You might list them as "Wild-String Quartet Members".

Rock 'n' Roll Monster: 3-headed monster,one plays drum,one plays guitar,one plays bass.

A dark green monster that evolves from a tiny patch of fur. All three had big mouths and very flat heads, but could be horizontally expanded and with bulging eyes (with fuzzy eyelids). They could also be known as "The Instant Rock & Roll Monster Band".

Sclrap-Flyapp Creatures: one looks like Hugga-Wugga,one is skinny with lights on its head,and the last has eyes that move sideways.

Three creatures who would later evolve into the Hugga-Wugga creatures.

SCLRAP-FLYAAP--a purple creature with a fuzzy horn. His nose was a pink horn. He has a blue pipe-shaped body, and he has bulgy eyes that can light up.

MIMICKING ALIEN--a pipe-bodied blue-violet creature with two white antenna with fuzz at the ends, and one eye that can light up.

CAREFREE MERPING ALIEN--a yellow creature with a head with horns, of which eyes are attached. He has a green pipe-body with a white neck-ring, and he has the ability to move his eyes sideways.

Southern Colonel: changes his face.

The Southern Colonel refers to a character from commercials for Southern Bread. The man in this sketch looks like him, but with a round pink nose, a brown hat, and casual clothing. He might be designated as "The Elderly Whatnot (from 'Change of Face')".

Sea-Diver from the song Octopus's Garden.

An orange man with a red nose, spiky short hair, sleepy lavendar eyelids, and a yellow/blue swimsuit. He wears a scuba tank and snorkel, but for some reason, his feet are flippers.

Clam from the song Octopus's Garden.

The same puppet is used on SS, but this version from ES has sleepy lavendar eyelids.

Baby Monster

A short lavendar monster with a pink horn, short tentacles, and a fang. He may have also had yellow bulging eyes, but when he was later used on SS he had white eyes.

Splurge

He's already listed. It's the same puppet.

Also, should Father Monster (Fred the Dragon) be counted?

I don't know. You could rename him "Fred the Monser Father", but as to where he should be listed I'm not sure of.

And some more bonuses, from Plaza Sesamo (NOTE: There's an accent mark over the "E" in "Sesamo"):

MUPPETS:
FEDERICO FELLINI--an AM with long grey hair tied in a ponytail. He has a pointy yellow nose, a moustache, eyebrows, and sunglasses (no eyes). I believe he wore a blue shirt and brown vest. He is also one of Odin Dupeyron's (Pancho's puppeteer's) funniest characters.

LALO--Lola's cousin. He's a monster with hemispherical eyes with green eyelids, and a smallish fat-pear-shaped nose.

MONSTER CARPENTER--a monster with bushy feathery black/red hair, hemispherical eyes with blue eyeldis, a fat-pear-shaped yellow nose, and a baseball cap (different solid-colored ones are used).

MONSTER TOURIST--a monster that speaks in gibberish and gets things confused. He has bush dark brown eyebrows, a horizontally oval green nose, and yellow horns with a ring of pink fuzz at the bottom of them.

MONSTER BARBER--a monster with a French accent. He has a long pear-shaped light blue nose, vertically oval eyes, and pink hair that sticks up near the front.

THE DUKE OF "D"--an AM with yellow hair, moustache, and beard, green eyelids, round blue nose, a tall brown hat with a purple feather, a white shirt with puffy sleeves and shiny collar and cuff, and a brown vest with a "D" on it.

DR. CIRCULOSTEIN--a monster who thinks he's invented a circle. He has a long pear-shaped blue nose, hemispherical eyes, round-rimmed glasses, and fuzzy yellow hair, moustache, and beard.

THE PHOTOGRAPHER--an AM with grey hair, blue nose, eyelids, blue shirt, and suspenders.

CARLO DE VILLAMELONE--Verduberto's monster assistant who speaks in gibberish (mainly the word "Groovy".) He has a light orange fat-pear-shaped nose, lidless eyes, two fangs, and a chef's hat.

FRANCIS--a female AM who is the host of a "7" Game Show. She has brown hair, earrings, sleepy blue eyelids, a pink nose, and a black dressed with some gold designs.

PEPE--a long-haired AM with an oval teal nose, sleepy blue eyelids, thin eyebrows moustache, black hair, and wearing a black shirt with patches on it.

LUCIANO--basically a Muppet version of Luciano Pavarotti.

And here's a cast listing (NOTE: This list covers characters from the 1995 season; the 2000 season had a lot of recasts, which I will list later on):

AIDA--Dacia Alcaraz
FAUSTO--Fernando Colunga
LA ABUELA--Dacia Gonzales
DON BONI--Hector Del Puerto
DONA GERTRUDIS--Socorro Bonilla
SUSANA--Lorena Martinez
PABLO--Miguel Pizarro
NEFTALI--Hector Hernandez

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Here's some more entries, all from "Muppets Magic":

SCUDGE: He's already listed, but he did appear in "Muppets Magic".

THUDGE: He's already listed, but he did appear in "Muppets Magic".

GLEEP: The green monster puppet who would become Grover on "Sesame Street". Performed by Frank Oz to sound like Bert's voice.

MAHNA MAHNA: He's already listed, but he did appear in "Muppets Magic".

THE SNOWTHS: They're already listed, but they did appear in "Muppets Magic".

WOOLLY MONSTER: The green monster with semi-googly eyes and teeth who eats the machine and blew up. He would become Cookie Monster on "Sesame Street" and was performed by Jim Henson.

BEAUTIFUL DAY MONSTER: He's already listed, but he did appear in "Muppets Magic".

FRANK MONSTER: He's already listed, but he did appear in "Muppets Magic".

DANCING SLINKIES: Two white slinky puppets on "Muppets Magic". The orange version of a large dancing slinky puppet was in "The Muppet Show" and a purple version of a small dancing slinky puppet was in the same show.

BIG V: He's already listed, but he did appear in "Muppets Magic" as well as "Sesame Street".

THE LITTLE GIRL: A pink puppet girl with yellow hair and green dress who would become Prairie Dawn on "Sesame Street".

SOUR BIRD: The purple bird with a red beak. Ate the unabsorbed Rock-&-Roll Monster. Was made for 4 "Royal Crown Cola" commercials.

THE NUT: A walnut with eyes who makes the Glutton smaller.

THE TRASH CAN MONSTER: A black-and-orange monster with eyes who always hides in three trash cans.

THE LITTLE BOY: A pink puppet boy from the same sketch with the Trash Can Monster.

Tera

Reaction score
HARRY POTTER MUPPET--a Muppet version of Harry Potter; a tall orange AM with parted black hair, glasses, a small pink nose, black jacket, and red/yellow striped scarf.

Wow! I MUST see him! If I roll a d20 at the same time I can have all my geeky obsessions at once :excited:

I'm totally impressed by the list - y'all are amazing!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for stopping by and checking out the list in its current version Tera. As I said somewhere else, it's my personal professional pet project, at least one of them. Hopefully, one day, after finishing my Law studies, I might make the trip to take this project to the next step by watching everything to get a truly complete list published in book form and on the net. Would have additional volumes dedicated to the specific productions and everything like that, but the list's the main thing for now. Hope you like it and feel free to contribute if you have anything to add.