Muppeteers in SS

Schmoo

Reaction score
Can anyone think of any skits/songs where the Muppeteers themselves actually appeared in the show? I recently saw two

Jerry Nelson appears in the song "Everybody Sleeps"--he's the guy who falls out of his chair

Jerry Nelson appears as the talking mirror in the skit where Kermit has gone to interview the wicked queen from Snow White.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Schmoo said:
Jerry Nelson appears in the song "Everybody Sleeps"--he's the guy who falls out of his chair
Are you sure? I don't remember his hair being that long ...

Schmoo

Reaction score
Well at least I think it's him. I was watching a video and saw the mirror sketch I was talking about--and then the Everybody Sleeps song...it just looked like the same guy to me. I could be wrong though! :smirk:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure, here are three more.

Fran Brill. If you go to my Muppets 15.0 thread, you'll find them but here they are.
She performed the role of the Reporter in TMTM.
She performed the role of Bebe Beara in the SS episode where Baby Bear's invitation to the Monster sing-along gets missent.
She appeared as Nurse Rhyme in Part 2 or SS 4055 from Season 34, when Baby Bear and Gina go to the hospital to visit Mama Bear after she gave birth to Curly Bear.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson strikes again

In the 2001 special that appeared on A&E, Maria talks about the feminist movement that swept through the 70's, and how in one episode she had a job as a construction worker. Jerry can be seen helping Maria onto a girder at a construction site. This was most likely when we were introduced to Biff (performed by Jerry) and Sully (silently done by Richard Hunt). The episode ends with Maria telling her friends on the street how her day went, and this character she met on the site- Biff manages to rivet his lunchbox to the girder, and as the closing credits roll, he and Sully are at the now-deserted construction site trying to pry the lunchbox loose.

Biff was never exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, was he?

Mokeystar

Reaction score
How about Jim Henson in the baker sketches? His son, Brian, also appeared in several of these, exclaiming, "TEN LITTLE INDIANS!" and "THREE PEEEEEAS!"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... Contrary to popular belief, given from what discussions have been held on these boards, Jim Henson didn't perform the role of the Falling Baker. Jim was merely the offscreen voice that proclaimed the numerically-concordant dessert at the end of each sketch.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
There was Richard Hunt as Cedric the Birdwatcher on "Sesame Street" in 1981.

Mokeystar

Reaction score
What popped into my mind wasn't the falling baker. I was thinking of his actual personal appearances, like when he was juggling balls.....you know.....when you saw him, not just heard him.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Jim's kids

Brian Henson also was seen emptying out the piggy bank, showing five dimes, seven nickels, and nine quarters.

He also showed eight ping-pong balls.

Jim's daughter Cheryl whined about nine noodles.

That must've been so cool, to hang around Dad long enough, you might even get a spot on tv :smile: