Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I guess it was a one-off.
actually acording to some insider information over at TP then this was not meant to be puplic, it was recorded as a test.

From TP said:
Statler/Pepe: Drew Massey
Waldorf: Victor Yerrid

The Muppet people don't want to make a big song and dance about this. Supposedly it was meant to be for internal use only, not publication. Test footage like this is shot all the time using whatever talent is available. If they'd known it was going public, Steve W., Dave G. and Bill B. would have dubbed for sure.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I thought the voices were great, and so was the acting. I'll tell ya, though, that if you write to them they send back a form email saying they can't answer the question at this time but you should use the site's great search engines. Whatever. I want to see more of that!

beaker

Reaction score
If something is meant to be internal, it doesnt get linked on the front of a go.com site(as in movies.go.com, a Disney company) Anyways, I was convinced by statler/waldorf and pepe...tho I do like to know its Baretta doing Pepe.
Staler/Waldorf can be done by anyone, since the baton has been passed to so many muppeteers.

I wonder why they said the next film to be reviewed is Sahara, which actually comes out Friday.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
I'm glad I downloaded it, that's really neat if it was leaked. Makes sense too, the whole voice and content issue. As far as I could tell, there never was a front page link, I looked and couldn't find one. Also, when the video was still hosted on there and you tried searching within movies.com for "Statler and Waldorf" no results would show up. Only the direct link posted here worked for me, I'll bet it was a test.

Beauregard

Reaction score
FISH'N'WOLFE said:
I'm glad I downloaded it, that's really neat if it was leaked. Makes sense too, the whole voice and content issue. As far as I could tell, there never was a front page link, I looked and couldn't find one. Also, when the video was still hosted on there and you tried searching within movies.com for "Statler and Waldorf" no results would show up. Only the direct link posted here worked for me, I'll bet it was a test.
Yes. i found the same thing.

If this was leaked, it explains a LOT!

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I don't think It was leaked...it was proberly just a internal misunderstanding that it ended up on the net.

beaker

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
I don't think It was leaked...it was proberly just a internal misunderstanding that it ended up on the net.
Probably. And there was a link on the front page for a few days. Btw, how were ya able to download it? I couldnt get it to open in a seperate window. It's too bad this was just a oneoff.