Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

Marky

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
I just got an e-mail that said Statler and Waldorf are going on a vacation, so the show is on hiatus.

Phooey!!!

:cry:
BEAR...

... (sigh). Remember the Alamo!

Today's Disney is pulling the proverbial wings off of the Muppets.

This is not me bashing them.
This is not me trolling or flaming.
This is an undeniable fact.

We all know that this 'hiatus' means buh-bye.
Another project bites the dust.

pepestarr

Reaction score
That is a shame but I am not surprised. It says Drew Massey and Victor Yerrid on Muppet Wiki are in the Muppets Ahoy Show so that is probably a main priority before this.

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Episode 34: Very funny script, those two movie pitch guys were a bit annoying, but at least it was funny. The new Waldorf looks Asian, ha ha!

Um, but aren't they supposed to review movies? :stick_out_tongue:
The new Waldorf is really bothering me!

And I was just about to post that question!:stick_out_tongue:

Marky

Reaction score
pepestarr said:
That is a shame but I am not surprised. It says Drew Massey and Victor Yerrid on Muppet Wiki are in the Muppets Ahoy Show so that is probably a main priority before this.
Only a matter of time before that sinks too, methinks.

MWoO

Reaction score
pepestarr said:
Well, it not like Steve nd Dave are horribly busy with muppet projects.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I'm surprised that so many people are upset about this "hiatus." Disney kicked Steve and Dave out of their jobs and caused massive angry upheaveal in the Muppet fan community with a usually mediocre five-minute web show. I'm thrilled that it's on hiatus, and I hope it never comes back!

I want to see Dave and Steve get their jobs back, and I want to see Victor and Drew -- two incredibly talented puppeteers -- get jobs in the next Muppet project that are worthy of their time...and ours.

(And, yes, I know no one here was saying anything in favor of the bad things associated with FtB. I'm just pointing out that there are things to be happy about here as well!) :excited:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Chilly Down said:
I'm surprised that so many people are upset about this "hiatus." Disney kicked Steve and Dave out of their jobs and caused massive angry upheaveal in the Muppet fan community with a usually mediocre five-minute web show. I'm thrilled that it's on hiatus, and I hope it never comes back!

I want to see Dave and Steve get their jobs back, and I want to see Victor and Drew -- two incredibly talented puppeteers -- get jobs in the next Muppet project that are worthy of their time...and ours.

(And, yes, I know no one here was saying anything in favor of the bad things associated with FtB. I'm just pointing out that there are things to be happy about here as well!) :excited:
(gives a high five to Chilly Down agreeing what he is saying) :zany:

Marky

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
(gives a high five to Chilly Down agreeing what he is saying) :zany:
(gives a tsk tsk for wanting something Muppet to get squashed)

:mad:

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Statler and Waldorf recast with new performers. I wasn't thrilled with Steve, Dave nor Victor Yerrid's character interpretations.

However I do think Drew Massey did a fine job in the role.

During the run of these S&W shorts, I learned that they were written by Jim Lewis and 2 freelance writers under his supervision. Lewis (as I was told) is not considered an employee of the MHC. I guess most writers wouldn't be.

pepestarr

Reaction score
MWoO said:
Well, it not like Steve nd Dave are horribly busy with muppet projects.
I know they are not, I'm speaking on behalf on Massey and Yerrid. If Disney were desperate to keep the show going, they would bring back Steve and Dave. :wink: