Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
Well, DON'T KNOCK DISNEY EITHER!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

It's too bad Phillip Chapman almost never reads these boards anymore. If he did, I bet he'd enforce stricter rules against Disney-bashing right about now.

Phillip Chapman, where are yooooooooooouuuuuuuu....... :cry:
I'm very good friends with Phil and with Kevin. They know I have the right to express my opinion. We all do. You have the right to express your opinion, too. That's what a forum is for. But it isn't very polite of you to tell me what I can and can't say about Disney.

I don't totally hate Disney. I just don't agree with how they handled FtB. The only way to take a 100% pro-Disney opinion is to say that I want Dave Goelz and Steve Whitmire to lose their jobs. And I'm not going to say that.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
MWoO said:
Honestly, I liked S&W more on FtB than in recent years. Dave is great, but just not as Waldorf. Steve does a good voice for Waldorf, but I didn't like his performance either. While I don't like the regulars being kicked off the production, I did like the ones who took over. I mean, it's not like they took the guys' original characters away. Waldorf changed hands from Jim Henson to Dave, to Kevin once in awhile, then back to Dave. Statler went from Richard to Jerry to Steve. I think once you get past the 1st hand off it's not as big a deal.
Thank you! I see your point. I still like Dave and Steve better. But your post is an example of a polite, well-thought-out argument.

dabauckham

Reaction score
I only recently discovered FtB, and my first impressions were relatively favorable. Tho' I have to say (as others have mentioned), that without MC (which I recently joined), I probably would have NEVER heard of FtB.

I must admit that I liked the guy who was doing Statler in the later episodes (was it Drew Massey?). Waldorf not so much. The Pepe bits were generally very funny. The writing definitely varied in quality from bit to bit and episode to episode (tho there are many I still haven't seen).

Chilly Down, I think that your posts are very thoughtful and interesting. Stating an argument in an articulate fashion is certainly not "bashing" at all. Thank you for contributing your ideas and opinions. They are appreciated. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
Well, DON'T KNOCK DISNEY EITHER!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

It's too bad Phillip Chapman almost never reads these boards anymore. If he did, I bet he'd enforce stricter rules against Disney-bashing right about now.

Phillip Chapman, where are yooooooooooouuuuuuuu....... :cry:
That's more inflamatory a post than saying Diz is slackin'. Constructive criticism is one thing, but this isn't constructive at all.

Phil does honor honest opinions, and people are welcome to their opinions as long as they are diplomatically shared and don't stir puddin' into a circular argument.

Please be a bit more diplomatic in the future.
-------------------------------------------------
I do miss Dave and Steve doing performances. At least if they were around we'd still get Beaker and Bunsen...that is if Movies.com cared to do any more of the FtB shows.

From my understanding not long ago, Drew Massey was performing Statler and Victor Yerrid was performing Waldorf. Both performing very well in my opinion (just needed to slow them down a bit, and watch what Jim and Richard did on TMS).

Any way it goes, though: I miss it. We at least had something new and Muppety.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I sent a question to Movies.com a couple weeks ago:
Hello! I know that Drew and Victor are busy with "Muppets Ahoy!" and
"Puppet Up!", but do you have any idea if "From the Balcony" with
Statler & Waldorf will be continuing with new episodes any time soon?
Thanks, and have a great day whoever reads this! :wink: Anthony
...and here's the answer I got:
Hello Anthony,

Thank you for contacting us.

Thanks so much for sending in your question. While we can't answer all
your requests, we do hope we can still be of help.

The best way to find what you're looking for is to make liberal use of
the various search engines available.

Thanks for writing!

Cheers,

Dustin
Movies.com
No news is good news? :rolleyes:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Anthony, that looks like a form letter response to me.

crazed gonzo fa said:
Oh please, don't the higher-ups ever listen to the fans?
No.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Hey, I found something good to say about FtB! :halo:

It turns out that Joe Nussbaum was the writer on many of those episodes. Nussbaum wrote and directed the brilliant short George Lucas in Love, which manages to spoof both Star Wars and Shakespeare in Love in just under 7 minutes.

Joe finally got some other work. And he was writing for the Muppets. So those are both good things! :excited:

MWoO

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
I sent a question to Movies.com a couple weeks ago:

...and here's the answer I got:

No news is good news? :rolleyes:
The response you got is an insult. Not only did they not answer your question, hey didn't even read it and then told you to use a search engine? Simply insulting. If it were me I'd rather no response at all.