1969-1980? Help!

Reaction score
I'm trying to find the name of this vinyl record I had when I was little. Probably 5-6 years old. It was a Sesame Street Record. It had this song, well not really a song, it was a story that Grover was telling. I don't remember alot but there was a WITCH in it and BEES chasing him. It used to scare me, I remember that much lol. I have never been able to find this record and nobody has any clue what I'm talking about. Does anyone remember this? It may have also had the songs "Up and Down" or "Frazzle" on it as well. :stick_out_tongue:

sesameguy

Reaction score
Hi allnamesrtaken- You've got quite a puzzler there. I can't I.D. the exact album for you, but here are some possibilities of what you may be thinking of:

1. The Sesame Street Fairy Tale Album: Grover tells a story in this one. ("Princess and the Pea") There are no witches, however.

2. Monsters! or Sesame Street Monsters: Features "Frazzle"

3. Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree- This little golden book was made into a record at one point, and there is a witch in the story. I never heard the record, but could Grover be the narrator?

Hopefully someone else knows the exact album. Good luck in your search!

furryfella

Reaction score
sesameguy said:
Hi allnamesrtaken- You've got quite a puzzler there. I can't I.D. the exact album for you, but here are some possibilities of what you may be thinking of:

1. The Sesame Street Fairy Tale Album: Grover tells a story in this one. ("Princess and the Pea") There are no witches, however.

2. Monsters! or Sesame Street Monsters: Features "Frazzle"

3. Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree- This little golden book was made into a record at one point, and there is a witch in the story. I never heard the record, but could Grover be the narrator?

Hopefully someone else knows the exact album. Good luck in your search!
Hey try this Place www.musicmerchant.com they all the SS Lps from the 70's On there!

Reaction score
I looked on there and I'm thinking now it was maybe Cookie Monster not Grover. The album "C is for cookie" looks familiar. Might of been "THE MAGIC COOKIE". Has anyone heard of it? I'm pretty sure the character in it was with at least one other puppet, and a witch was in it, and he was chased by bees for some reason. Maybe I'm just crazy, I dunno. :embarrassed:

furryfella

Reaction score
allnamesrtaken said:
I looked on there and I'm thinking now it was maybe Cookie Monster not Grover. The album "C is for cookie" looks familiar. Might of been "THE MAGIC COOKIE". Has anyone heard of it? I'm pretty sure the character in it was with at least one other puppet, and a witch was in it, and he was chased by bees for some reason. Maybe I'm just crazy, I dunno. :embarrassed:
glad I could help you out!

hooperdusty

Reaction score
Yeah, I believe it's "The Magic Cookie", which originally appeared on the 1972 LP vinyl record (remember those?) HAVIN' FUN WITH ERNIE AND BERT.

It was also released on at least one 45 rpm record and has been included on the 1973 compilation C IS FOR COOKIE.

I think I have an old "Show 'n Tell" record with 'film strip' (cartoon) of this. Of course THAT record's shot (I have a pristine copy of HAVIN' FUN...though).

HooperDusty