Jersey Represent!

Beige

Reaction score
Jersey here as well. Currently in Wall Township, been bumping around southern Monmouth county most of my life, except a few years up in Montclair. Unlike most in NJ, I don't have any tales of meeting Bruce Springsteen and actually i'm beginning to think he's a myth like Bigfoot or the Jersey Devil.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Woah, you live in Wall? I used to live in Neptune (the next town over)! We're pretty close! BTW - Bruce is a myth, but the government insists we acknowledge his existence.

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Oh, please. North Jersey is MUCH cooler than south. . . :wink:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Yer' both crazy, central Jersey all the way! South Jeresey has what... Seaside Heights? North Jersey has what? The Paramus Mall? Monmouth county, baby: Monmouth Racing Park, Freehold Race Track, Red Bank; home of View Askew Productions, the nicest beaches in the state including: Belmar, Avon and Bradley, the world famous Stone Pony, Monmouth Mall, Freehold Raceway Mall,... I think it's obvious where all the fun is! :wink:

Magellan

Reaction score
well, i'm actually from central jersey (seaside actually) but generally people don't accept the fact that central jersey exists, to most people its either north or south, when people ask were in jersey, i always say central, and they are like, umm no, you're either north or south, so i go with south most of the time

matleo

Reaction score
muppetfreak, where on Morris county are you from? I grew up in Succasuuna and know that area very well.

In defnese of North Jersey, I should remind people there is NJPAC, The Gorwing Stage Theater, the Sussex County Fair, a lot of cool stuff going on around Montclair, and Sal's Pizza in Landing, NJ (STILL the best pizza I've ever had). I like living in Ocean County, but North Jersey is really home to me.

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Wow, a thread devoted to the people living in New Jersey! Who'da thunk it? -grin-

-waves- I live in Passaic County, and have since birth. But, with taxes getting to be so dang high here in North Jersey and the house being entirely too big now that my grandmother died, my family and I are in the process of moving down to Ocean County by next Christmas.

I love North Jersey, but I also adore South Jersey. I've lived with grass and trees for so long that the change to seashore and boardwalk is a dream come true.