Muppet Alice in Wonderland project

beaker

Reaction score
WDWspider said:
I guess Muppets in Space kinda messed things up some.
MIS will seem like Lawrence of Arabia to us compared to this. Seriously, are we back in the turmulturous early 90's again? Did someone die? Why the heck are they treading down the same classic tale revisioning they did back in the early to mid 90's? Just sad.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
All goes back to this consistant, perpetual degradation of entire Muppet image put forth with this rash of poor choices made after Jim's death.

I think this "Wonderland" nonsense would be the final cut-off; the point where the Muppet cease to be the Muppet we all knew and loved, and become the Neo-Muppets; tacky, goofy, and a tarnished rendering of their forefathers.

Here's hoping.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
I think we're putting too much time into this rumor. I don't think the Muppets will do another similar remake to WOZ right away. This Alice in Wonderland rumor seems very fabricated, and I don't think we should worry about it. :wink:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
WOCKA2416 said:
I think we're putting too much time into this rumor. I don't think the Muppets will do another similar remake to WOZ right away. This Alice in Wonderland rumor seems very fabricated, and I don't think we should worry about it. :wink:
I do hope you're correct. However, who knows what Disney a la modernia is capable of.. :frown:

beaker

Reaction score
Cantus Rock said:
All goes back to this consistant, perpetual degradation of entire Muppet image put forth with this rash of poor choices made after Jim's death.

I think this "Wonderland" nonsense would be the final cut-off; the point where the Muppet cease to be the Muppet we all knew and loved, and become the Neo-Muppets; tacky, goofy, and a tarnished rendering of their forefathers.

Here's hoping.
whoah, you're back! It's been like 2 and a half years! :smile:
And yeah, I wrote an article a few months ago saying the line will soon come where there is the 1955-2004 Muppets we knew, then these Disneyana versions that will become unrecognizable.

Beauregard

Reaction score
WOCKA2416 said:
But, it is probably best to get our thoughts on it out early, in case Disney should happen to care what fans want.

__

Interpited into ancient Roman:

Buticus, it is likely besticus to gastrat out thoughts outacus early, in casecus Dizzy should carecus what farns shouldest wish.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
But, it is probably best to get our thoughts on it out early, in case Disney should happen to care what fans want.
HA!

If you've ever been to EPCOT Center (Walt Disney World, down here in Florida), you might know a ride called "Journey into Imagination." Now, the original Imagination was probably the most magical ride in all of Disney history. It was a collidiscope of amazing technicolors and crazy, wonderful animatronics and sounds. Despite an amazing outcry to keep this ride, Disney pulled the plug on the original, opting for this newer, much lamer version.

When fans wrote Disney by the masses about bringing back the original (including Figment, the little purple dinosaur who was a staple of the original), Disney shut the ride down again. Disney fans went nuts, thinking the original was coming back. When it opened again; same lame modern version, now with more Figment (who Dave Goelz did the new voice for, coincidentally...I love Dave, but the original cannot be beat).

Point? Disney cares very little about what it's fans want. Should they suddenly begin caring, I'd be ecstatic. However living so close and knowing what I know, if they see money in this project, its going to fly regardless of our feelings. Here's to hoping though, as always. :concern:

And hey Cory, long time no see. :smile:

WDWspider

Reaction score
Oddly, I feel that adding Figment back means that Disney does Listen and Care. It would seem that keeping the ride the way it was would mean otherwise.

They had already invested lots of money and time in reworking and retracking the ride only to have a dud. At least they tried to take measures to better a lackluster attraction into something tolerable while trying to appease the fans outroar.

To say that fans have no effect is silly. Even subconsciously voices do affect outcomes... maybe not the way they are intented, but people can make a difference.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Alice in Wonderland would be awesome by the Muppets; but, we need the Muppets playing themselves in the next production, followed by Wonderland.

christyb

Reaction score
And a theatrical (spelling) release movie too. I'm kinda tired of missing TV specials b/c my rabbit ears can't pick up the channel.