What I think today's SS should have

fatblue

Reaction score
I think they should have a classic segment, they can call it something like a memory lane moment or the SS vault, something from '69 or early 70s. It's important for the young ones today to see it's origins.

AmazingMumford

Reaction score
I have often thought the same thing myself. They could have the spot on the show open and the announcer (probably voiced by Marty Robbinson) could say and now time for a "Trip down Memory Lane!" and Grover could could be pulling on a filling Cabinet trying to get it open. Then it could open and Grover would go flying and a piece of paper would pop out, spin around and go up to the screen and take up the whole screen and we would then see a classic skit. This would be a good idea and I really don't see anything that would be wrong with it. But I'm sure Dr. Tooth and some of the other modern Sesame Lovers will see a problem with it.

Al Hempker

Reaction score
That would be a good thing, and the parents who watch it with their kids now would have something to look forward to.

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
I have not watched SS in full detail in about 8 years or so, and if they added that to the current show, I would definitely start watching it when there's nothing else on TV. It's going to be about 10-20 years until I have kids (if anything), so who knows what'll happen?

~Dana~

Al Hempker

Reaction score
These are the problems that I really have with modern-day SS. 1) Too much Elmo (what else is new) 2) We don't see the grownups much anymore 3) Bert & Ernie are not seen together much anymore

If I were in charge, I would incorporate one classic Bert & Ernie skit, one classic letter skit, one classic number skit, and another miscellaneous classic skit. These combined would take up maybe 5-7 minutes of the show, plenty of time left for newer stuff.

Just my .02

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
fatblue said:
I think they should have a classic segment, they can call it something like a memory lane moment or the SS vault, something from '69 or early 70s. It's important for the young ones today to see it's origins.
That would be cool. The closest they have to that now are the old :stick_out_tongue: and :frown: skits that follow "Journey to Ernie" and they really don't show too many of the old classics. They really should do something like that in place of JTE.