Electric Mayhem on Robot Chicken

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Don't know how many people here are familiar with Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim" and its newest show "Robot Chicken." For those who aren't, AS is CN's late-night spot for "mature viewer only" programing like Futurama, Family Guy, Sealab 2021 and anime like FullMetal Alchemist. Robot Chicken is a 15-minute program that goes through skits like someone is flipping television channels. A lot of it is parodies of celebrities and movies (like last week's episode, wherein the movie Cannonball Run was parodied) and the skits are all acted out with action figures. Most skits are only 5-30 seconds long, but there are others that go longer.

Anyway tonight's final bit was a parody of VH1's "Behind the Music", featuring the Electric Mayhem. It chronicled the band's "downfall" after they were fired from TMS, and the creators used the Palasides figures. Overall it was pretty funny, and the only two things I didn't like very much were Animal being put down after attacking Ed McMahon and Janice getting Hepatitis C and saying she had only five years to live.

Surprisingly, the actors who provided the voices for the Mayhem members who spoke got pretty close with their impersonations. Dr. Teeth's voice was the closest approximation to the original, with the VA for Janice coming in at second. Floyd was the only one who really sounded "off", it's not that hard to imitate Animal and Zoot didn't speak at all.

And before anyone replies to this with a rant about how this totally goes against the spirit of the Muppets and violates them and this, that and the other thing, please remember that Robot Chicken is a parody show. Nothing in it is meant to be taken seriously.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Amazing that I couldn't watch a 15-minute show for more than 2. :rolleyes:

An idea with potential, gone horribly wrong. Adding the Muppets...:boo:

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
weel , i thought it was brilliant, a lot funnier than anything the reall muppets have done in years, lol

and your right DR Teeths voice was fantastic, wonder who di itm iknow they have a limited budget on that show and most of the voices are Seth Green , and His Partener,(as well as some clebretie friends), anyway, i gree before people go nuts it was a small skit done in jest , ment for an adult audience, and not kids,

and aside from putting animal down, i oved the whole bit with him attacking Ed Mcmahon, seemed very in character for him from my veiw point

Erine81981

Reaction score
I fell a sleep. I'll have to watch it when it reairs. I wanted so bad to see it and fell right asleep. Can't wait.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I still haven't seen it, I have trouble staying up too late because I get up so early, but I've been wanting to check that show out since it's write up in Toyfare.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Yeah, aside from putting Animal down it was pretty funny! I really thought Dr. Teeth's voice was just about spot on.

chestermcdragon

Reaction score
i was gonna post this topic,TOPIC STEALER! kidding.but it was funny.until that scene when Chucky The Evil Doll came.i REALLY! scared of him.

Reaction score
I saw this and thought was great. The script was well written. It was pleasing to the eyes because the movement was fluent and natural (especially when you see Janice playing her guitar moving across the Star Search stage). Most importantly I found myself laughing out loud which is something I haven't done with alot of the more recent muppet productions. Yes Animal died, but I can overlook that.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
If you missed it - the episode will be repeated this Thursday night (3/17) at Midnight (12:00am) and then again at 3:00am (well I guess technically it would be early Friday morning) on Cartoon Network's [Adult Swim] programing block.