What was the Kermit Channel?

RobintheBrave

Reaction score
I was just looking at old Muppet Central articles about the Kermit Channel. I knew Odyseey had a lot of Muppet programming while it was on, but apparently I missed hearing about this. Could somebody describe the Kermit Channel's short history and explain to me why they only aired it in Asia? Thanks!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Can you say where on the site you saw about this? It's not something I have heard of before now, though, I have heard of Odyseey.

RobintheBrave

Reaction score
I saw a couple of random articles about it in the news archives. This one, for example, was from 1999.

Admittedly, sometimes it's hard to decipher these archived stories. They often contain plans or rumors of plans that didn't work out, so if you missed hearing about something (like me in this case), it can be rather confusing. :smirk:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Basically in 1998, Henson and Hallmark Entertainment jointly launched The Kermit Channel and a lot of their programming aired on it. Odyssey, which both companies had also acquired stakes in, was touted as the sort of U.S. version of it.

It went off the air in 2000 or 2001. Other than that, I've never seen a real schedule, promos, anything. There are a bunch of Kermit Channel articles in the '98, '99, '00, and '01 archives. And well, that's basically all I really know.