Muppets Oz Airdate: Friday May 20

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Ugh, Disney makes me so mad! How do they expect to get such great ratings when Star Wars comes to theatres the day before? Every studio knows NOT to debut their film against the latest Star Wars movie!!! I hope they don't base the popularity of The Muppets on this time-slot, that would be too unfair.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Of course I'll be recording "OZ" with my DVR so I won't miss it, but c'mon y'know?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Well, a lot of people will have seen Star Wars the night before, and a lot of parents may feel safer staying home and watching this with their kids, since George Lucas has said that Episode III will be too intense for some younguns. So maybe this will work as counter-programming?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Star Wars will have been playing for over 44 hours before "Oz" hits the air waves. So most hard core fans will have already seen it. Plus the only people who will miss "Oz" will be the ones who would go to an screening of Star Wars between 6-10 on Friday. So if you don't want to miss Oz go on Thursday (or before 6 on Friday) or go on Saturday (or after 10 on Friday). Revenge of the Sith will be rated PG-13; Disney is aiming "Oz" will be for more of a family oritented audiance and they do not see Star Wars as a threat.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Whatever said:
Yay, I can't wait! It's about time an air date was set!
Muppetsforlife, it at 8 EST, so I think that is 9 in Illinois time.
No, I wish it was 9 at our time. That would be perfect. Unfortunately if it is 8 eastern time it would be 7 central time for us in illinois. I'm having my dad tape it for me and I already told him I will be swinging by his place to pick the tape up and it won't be returned. :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
NOOO!

How can MWoO be the same night as my 8th grade graduation?! :frown: :mad:

Luckily I have TIVO!

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
I hope they don't base the popularity of The Muppets on this time-slot, that would be too unfair.
They will--but only to an extent. The ratings for MWoO will be judged relative to it's time slot, other May special events, and the Christmas TV movie a few years ago.

In other words, they won't be expecting Desperate Housewives-type numbers here. On the other hand, if the movie doesn't do any better than your average 8 Simple Rules episode, it will likely be considered a disappointment.

I'm a little puzzled by the air date too. Even for a family movie, that Friday night time slot isn't ideal--especially in May when people have graduations, camping trips, and all sorts of other stuff going on. It seems a little like they're just dumping it at the end of May sweeps, so they can move it on to their cable networks and DVD.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
just inform most of ya...I DID GET IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :excited: yoooooooooooooohooooooooooooo and i'm gonna tape it too! :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Coolness!

And you gotta, gotta, gotta let us know aaaaaaaaaaaaaall about it!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yay!! This is SOOO exciting! I have a new blank tape I can tape it on. Wish I could record to DVD though, then the quality could be better.

Aaaaah.

!!!!!

Can't wait!!!!!!!!

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
i can't wait for this movie the muppets wizard of oz and i will record the movie in my v.c.r.