Grover on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" this Monday

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
towels said:
Weren't there some Nightline appearances?
:sleep:
Yes i think more then once i remebr when Jim died they were on nightline talking about it. months later

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Here's a list of Apperance by muppets on late night

Variety/Talk and miscellaneous TV Show appearances

* The Today Show (1962...)
* Jack Parr (Rowlf) (1964...) *03
* Ed Sullivan Show (1960's) *03
* The Steve Allen Show (1956-61)
* Merv Griffin Salutes the Muppets (19xx)
* The 1979 Emmy Awards *19
* 60 Minutes: Backstage at the Muppet Show (CBS 3/11/79)
* The Tonight Show w/ JC (hosted by Kermit 4/2/79)
* Nightline (1987)
* Good Moring America (2-14-88, Piggy w/ Joan Lunden) *19
* CBS This Morning (4-21-89, Jim Henson & Kermit)
* Cosby Show (food that talks to Bill) *09
* The Arsenio Hall Show (1990?, Jim Henson, Kermit & ?)
* Good Morning America (1992) *11
* Frugal Gourmet (1992, Elmo)
* ? - Educating America [? - PBS]
* Entertainment Tonight (11-29-92, Kermit + trailer of MCC)
* Donahue (11-29-93, SS 25th Anniv, w/ B-Bird, Zoe, Elmo) *21
* Larry King Live (12-23or24-93, Kermit-SW & Piggy)
* Larry King Live (4-1-94, hosted by Kermit-SW w/ Piggy)
* Late Night w/ Conan O'Brien (9-23-94 NBC, Kermit-SW)
* Larry King Live (12-23-94, Kermit-SW)
* Larry King Live (12-24-96, Johnny Fiama & Sal)

ftnpro

Reaction score
You know, Tim-whats-his-name-from-Wings has a point: the Sesame Street that we early viewers grew up with was pretty choppy, jumping from skit to skit. BUT the creators of Sesame Street are constantly evaluating and adjusting the show, and in recent years they have made a point of including storylines that play out in longer segments, because they are concerned about developing kids' attention spans. Just look at the slow pacing of Elmo's World (I don't enjoy it, but I understand why it's done that way).

Wings-man's criticism of Sesame Street is misguided. He should be criticizing all the OTHER shows out there that DON'T evaluate themselves and don't care what effect they have on their viewers, as long as they sell more action figures.

Go Grover!

beaker

Reaction score
ftnpro said:
You know, Tim-whats-his-name-from-Wings has a point: the Sesame Street that we early viewers grew up with was pretty choppy, jumping from skit to skit. BUT the creators of Sesame Street are constantly evaluating and adjusting the show, and in recent years they have made a point of including storylines that play out in longer segments, because they are concerned about developing kids' attention spans. Just look at the slow pacing of Elmo's World (I don't enjoy it, but I understand why it's done that way).

Wings-man's criticism of Sesame Street is misguided. He should be criticizing all the OTHER shows out there that DON'T evaluate themselves and don't care what effect they have on their viewers, as long as they sell more action figures.

Go Grover!
Yeah, Sesame has weeded out the bizarre ornate experimental side of Sesame Street over the years. Anyone seen the 1969 pilot?

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
beaker said:
Yeah, Sesame has weeded out the bizarre ornate experimental side of Sesame Street over the years. Anyone seen the 1969 pilot?
You're not talking about the first episode from November 1969, are you? Not to nitpick, but that's not the same thing as a pilot and lot of people confuse the two.

IIRC, there were actually a few pilot/test shows for Sesame Street, and the Muppets were only a small part of it. (They only had Ernie and Bert) That's why they didn't go over well with the test audience and added more Muppets and put them on the street!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I also taped it and noticed something...I believe Grover's entrance was prerecorded. I noticed as he walked up to his chair, Tim's chair was empty, then when Grover sits himself down, he look straight up to Jimmy, then when they cut to a shot of both him and Jimmy, he's look more off the the side.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I looooved Grover's performance. This should be a lesson to any C-level star not to go head-to-head with a Muppet. They'll kill you with kindness. :halo:

Sesame educates a world of children and should be respected as such. I'd hate to be Tim's kid. But his sister seems pretty cool (Tyne Daly). Tim just made me not like him much anymore. Celebrities. Like their opinions are really all that noteworthy.

Okay, froggy feels better now. :smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
what else did he say other than he hated the show? personally i don't why Jimmy even brought it up matter of fact i turned the sound off when he did. everyone's entitled to their opinions.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
What I don't like about Tim's comment is not only are they false, but they also show the pure ignorance of so many people. Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) can not be "caused" by external behaviors, such as watching TV. ADD is a chemical imbalance of neurotransmitters in the brain. You are born with it (although sometimes it is not identified or problematic until later in life), your upbringing can not give it to you. Although watching TV, or other activates, could be reinforcing negative ADD tendencies that a child with ADD has, TV is not responsible for it. Watching TV with numbers and letters flashing at you will not give you ADD. ADD can’t be can't be given to you like that. It is true that kids' visible attention spans appear shorter than they were 36 years ago. Everyone's attention spans are shorter in today's fast world of 2005 - but watching Sesame Street will not, and can not, give you ADD (it could ruin attention spans but it can’t give ADD) . Any psychologist, neurologist, doctor, or psychiatrist will tell you that. Sorry Tim, but your “personal opinion” is wrong.

Also Tim, Grover is a monster – that’s what type of "animal" he is. And also, Sesame Workshop did not invent Ritalin.