Series 3 action figures retooled

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Jimbo504

Reaction score
Are there supposed to be pics of tux rowlf on the muppetcentral article? cuz I am not seeing any. Just thought I should tell you if there are supposed to be. other than that, good job guys!:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you guys like the article. We didn't acquire any new images of Rowlf so we went ahead without them. I'm sure we'll see some of Rowlf soon. Thanx to Ken and Palisades for their permission to show these wonderful pictures.

grail

Reaction score
Rowlf was already good in my eyes (except for his hands, but i don't think they can do much about that), so it's not that big a deal. what i'm all happy about is Scooter. he looks so much better with the articulation cut in, and his face looks great.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Rowlf's hands look accurate to me. They have always been kind of funky. They're not quite like Fozzie's hands. They are stubbier. Don't know how he can play the keys, but it appears to be on the puppet. Just have to see it up close, I guess. Could it be the positioning of them?

grail

Reaction score
no, you hit it on the head. someone asked Ken about this at one point, and i think he said there wasn't much that could be done about it. like i said, i'm not faulting Palisades for that one...it's a funky thing to have to try and recreate. they do their best, and that's all one can really ask for.

BTW, do you know how long it took me to figure out that "James V. Carroll" was you? talk about a forehead-slapper...

Luke

Reaction score
Nice article and very nice photos. These sculpts do seem to be improving nicely, even at this early stage, though it's hard to be able to tell just how effective the changes made will be as a whole until we see the new painted prototypes. I must say though - the improvements on Zoot and Lew Zealand definitely stand out so some great stuff going on there.

I'm glad Jamie very honestly declared himself an "Enthusiastic Supporter" at the start of the article because that does stand out a lot, and i found it a fascinating and very well written article on the actual evolution, and having someone so experienced give a "Guided Tour" on each point helped loads. I'm glad to see Jamie included a few constructive criticisms as well as going over all the points he liked on the new sculpts, although it didn't particularly show through as an entirely balanced review to me, but then coming from a self proclaimed "fanboy" stance i guess that wasn't the intent. Well done !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Luke

I'm glad you enjoyed the article. I really do like these figures and call it like I see it. :smile: As I said - you really have to hold one of these babies in your hand to get the full effect. I just can't stop messing with them! This is the kind of product I have waited 25 years for. There have been some liberties taken, but as an artist I appreciate that more. What other company would take the time to campaign for a healthier Piggy with Henson? From the looks of modern merchadise - nobody. The only problem I have with this wave now is that i want 3 Scooters NOW!