Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

MWoO

Reaction score
Perhaps they did that because tiny BB was done against green green and Matt was available for tapping that day when Carroll was not.

I thinl it is a good idea to mix p BB voices. This way kids can easily get use to the change when Matt eventually takes over. Sad to think about it, but Carroll wil have to retire some day. And instead of scrambling to find a replacement when Carroll retires, they are training Matt now and using him and it will be a seamless transition. If we had a Muppet series on the air when Frank left the muppets we might have seen a similar thing happen with his characters just like it was done on Sesame Sreet.

I think Oscar should be handled in the same way as BB. I've only heard Carroll's Oscar i new seasons. It would be a good idea to start alternating and get everyone use to it.

Since Eric was cast as Guy Smiley for this museum thing, why don't they try him out on the show? Why not let him host some healthy food game insead of that weird guy that shows up who sounds like a creep with a flat top?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I see. Thanks for the info about Matt. It's good to know Big Bird will be in good hands after Carroll Spinney stops performing him.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, was wonderin' if Secret Squirrel could settle something for me. Of the spoofs announced for Season 36, the one that intrigues me the most is 24. So, does this mean that Sesame Street will finally surpass the 21 Number of the Day barrier? Will they start to feature higher numbers as the Number of the Day? Will wait for answers, and till the sketch airs. Hope to hear from you soon, and looking forward to the rest of the season and what new additions to the list it holds.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... That's understood. Besides, I can wait till September to get the info of the sketch and the characters anyway.
Wanted to know, there are some questions I have regarding characters past and recent I've found for the list. Would it be OK to ask you about them? They're mostly cast related, trying to get actor names. LMK if it's OK to ask and I could send you the questions personally.
Thanks and hope you have a good holiday weekend.

Drtooth

Reaction score
A few thoughts:

I had a feeling that the season gap was a PBS thing, not a Sesame Workshop thing. Clearly because of the dwindelling budget. I guess not even Mc Donalds could help them out now. (BTW, on the season finallie of King of the Hill, they satirized the "Non-commercial" PBS, that aires McDonald's commercials...)

Secondly, thanks for all the info, Secret! You really cleared things up for us.

Thirdly... I probably have no plans to go to whatever Museum the SS tour is located. Is there anyway to hear what Eric Jacobson's version of Guy Smiley is like? I never heard Steve Whitmire's Guy (or his Link Hogthrob for that matter), and I've heard someone dubbed his voice for a computer game. anyone have a sound file of that?

Personally, I never heard anyone else play Oscar ( I heard someone else, John Tar...tarta... wuzzizname played him for a Japanese Theme park attraction.)

It's also good to know Jerry isn't out of SS (though he was clearly absent in OZ). Though I do think he was dubbed in the "If I wuz a cloud" episode.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Secret Squirrel... one more thing. There's been a new Muppet on Sesame Street lately, a maroonish reddish monster with a big furry jaw. He's been talking to kids on various segments. Any idea what his name is? He's been unnamed in all his skits so far.

alizakaila

Reaction score
response from sw on when new eps will air

Dear Viewer,

This season, (season 36) we have created 26 brand new episodes of Sesame
Street. Currently, as you stated, PBS stations are airing 10 episodes from
our new season along with some encores from season 34. In September, 14 new
episodes will begin airing in conjunction with the beginning of a new school
year. The final 2 new episodes of this season will air in December around
the holidays.

Best wishes,

Lauren Ostrow
Show Publicity
Sesame Workshop

alizakaila

Reaction score
#4100 airs tuesday on wnet 13

#4100 airs tuesday on wnet 13!
Elmo plays a scientific game show with Oscar as host; Elmo learns about observing and has fun making guesses

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey AlyzaKaila. Boober_Gorg reported that 4100 aired today on 6/20 on his local PBS station. And he says they'll go onwards with the 4100 episodes till Thursday.

Most perplexing indeed. All I can do is tune in tomorrow and watch for myself, compiling names of new characters till my sources get back from summer vacation.
Thought the new stuff wouldn't air till September. Oh well...